Set back to stock? Truck be like nope don't think so...

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Well tried to put the truck back to stock. On stock and dpf on tunes it throws codes and goes into safety shutdown. The first time you start it, it throws some a bank 1 exhaust temperature too high and exhaust catalyst temp too high, the truck shuts itself down. I can restart it and it throws the same codes plus a couple egr codes. Shuts down again and will not restart. I can tune it for dpf off and it runs fine. So I am thinking either one of the exhaust sensors some how went bad or maybe something wrong with the tunes..? Tuesday going to take it to a dealer and hijack an ids and see if I can figure it out. Anyone else have this problem before??

P.s. Stock exhaust is on the truck. Quadruple checked the sensors all are plugged in. Sct programmer from VDP.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Well your bank 1 egt will be a $40 egt temp sensor.

The egr codes are most likely a seized egr valve.

Is it still under warranty?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Only ran the tune for less than 1k miles so I'm doubting egr valve is bad/stuck. Talked to Gabe at vdp and we are thinking just a corrupt tune. Hopefully have it going tomorrow. And yes still under warranty.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Just an update, vdp was zero help, after I talked to them Monday and sent them the strategy codes, vin, etc.. I never heard back from them. Called several times with no answer and emailed. So I gave Rudys and call yesterday and they were more than helpful. They have the best customer service even if you are not their customer! Lol

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Just an update, vdp was zero help, after I talked to them Monday and sent them the strategy codes, vin, etc.. I never heard back from them. Called several times with no answer and emailed. So I gave Rudys and call yesterday and they were more than helpful. They have the best customer service even if you are not their customer! Lol

The guys at Rudy's are a great group! I'd recommend them to anyone! Just curious why you going back to stock?

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Haha! I don't blame you! I didn't pay attention while taking mine apart to remember how it goes back together! LOL! You getting a 2015 I assume?

Lol well I had mine all back together but something just wasn't jiving so the 5" went back on. Plus Rudys informed me you could pay 100 bucks and sct will unlock your tuner and I could then sell it. And sadly no. Looking to downsize payment wise. Been trying to find a 6.0 or a rubicon I can start tinkering with.

Latest posts

Members online