Shaving 6.4 Heads

jkeselis

Reaction score
Obviously i do know that it is not recommended to shave 6.4 heads just like 6.0 heads but... was wondering if anyone has and what they have taken off. the local shop said he has a dimension off the top of the valves to the cylinder head and goes by that for 6.0 heads on whether he has any room to take off or not but sadly he does not have a dimension for 6.4 heads. he said on 6.0s he usually finds there is about up to .010 of material that can be removed before the head is at the minimum and usually only takes about .005 to get it flat. thanks for the help guys!
-John

p.s. i know by the manual .004 of tolerance is allowed and truly i haven't even checked mine but just trying to be ready for the worst!

Csilva187

Reaction score
For some reason I wanna say .008 max without touching anything else? 6.4 head. Personally I had .004 knocked off when I did my stud job anyhow.

Jbird

Reaction score
.004 tolerance of what? Is that + or - whatever the print of the head calls for? Honestly thats a pretty big tolerance. Dont know if thats just how the automotive industry does it or not

jkeselis

Reaction score
.004 tolerance of what? Is that + or - whatever the print of the head calls for? Honestly thats a pretty big tolerance. Dont know if thats just how the automotive industry does it or not

woops! forgot a decimal, meant to put .0004 lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.