Shock question

fine69

Reaction score
I'm finally getting ready to order a lift for my truck, I'm going with a 4.5" Icon Stage 1, with a 1" TEI spacer and 6" blocks. Hoping to have a level, to rear slightly higher rake. My question is which shock rides better, the Icon 2.0 or Bilstein 5160's? The Bilsteins aren't much more than the 2.0's. The Icon 2.5's are outta my price range.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
The icons can be valved however you want (soft/stiff) the bilstein is a little stiff without weight In the rear, but is still a good ride.

Personally I'd go icon between the 2, next choice would be fox.

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've got the 5160s and I like them. The front rides really nice, but the rear can be a little stiff with no weight in the bed. Seems like they rode better at first and have gotten stiffer.

For what it's worth, I had the older 2.0 icons on my last truck(but a 7" lift) for a while and never felt like the rear was stiff.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Pretty sure you'll need a 7" block. I'm not 100% on this, but this is the "level"/slightly rear high lift to block sizes

Lift height Block height
2.5" 4" or stock 350
3.5" 5"
4.5" 6"
5.5" 7"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
Depends on what he wants. For me, I absolutely hate the rear being higher.

My current truck has 3.5" in front with 4" block, and my last truck has 7" in front with 7" block in the back. They sit a hair low in the back if you know it, but hard to tell otherwise.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Yea, but he said he wanted the rear slightly higher if not level. That's the only reason I said that. I don't like the rear low, and that's how my truck is now lol, but not for long. Yours doesn't look rear low, but then again, I'm used to my 2.5" level w/ stock 250 blocks

TripleE44

Reaction score
Yea, but he said he wanted the rear slightly higher if not level. That's the only reason I said that. I don't like the rear low, and that's how my truck is now lol, but not for long. Yours doesn't look rear low, but then again, I'm used to my 2.5" level w/ stock 250 blocks

Lol that's what I get for not reading his whole post.

Latest posts

Members online