SHOPS: I have a question.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
When a head gasket up job is performed do you warranty even if a programmer is installed. Just want to make sure I'm under the same understandings as every one else who owns a shop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MINK

Reaction score
When a head gasket up job is performed do you warranty even if a programmer is installed. Just want to make sure I'm under the same understandings as every one else who owns a shop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Every place is different...this is high performance so warranty isnt a huge thing....now if a head was redone and its the cause of an issue or something parts wise then sure....every situation is different so that's a hard question to keep vague.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We warranty it if we are ordering the tunes and loading them on the truck. That way we know who is tuning and that the tuning is set up for the work we have done. If parts are added later on or tuning is changed, no warranty.

That of course has to have an asterisk next to it because if we do something, say an exhaust, and it comes apart 500 miles down the road and they happened to change tuning...we are going to warranty it.

But if he blows a head gasket, turbo comes apart, or an injector acts up....we aren't covering it unless we were the last one's to tune it/touch it. Hard to know what others did while they had it.

Latest posts

Members online