Silicone IC pipes??

Super Scott

Reaction score
Just got done doing a full EGR delete and upgraded to diesel site boots for the intake. Now the upper hot side keeps blowing off. Cleaned it really well twice and it still pops at even 20 psi... Had to seat it extra deep to get it to stop, I've heard of people using silicone... how does that work out it if you want to get the pipes apart and of course reuse several times if need be. Just wondering whats up with getting the new pipes to seat well and not blow with a user friendly program.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
clean the boots and pipe with brake cleaner, use hair spray, and you should be good. that being said if it happens again, get dieselsite boots and double clamp. either your clamping force is bad or your boots have grease. is the ccv deleted ? if not, get rid of that too.

Super Scott

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I got the dieselsite boots and installed them during the egr delete. Haven't tried the hairspray yet, but def gonna try it out when I get some spare time. I don't really like how I have the pipes pushed so close together right now.

Latest posts

Members online