Skinny Pedal Doesn't Work..?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Just got my motor started, finally. Did the hot-retorque and burnt my hands a good 10 times.

But I ran into another problem... The accelerator pedal won't work, the tach won't work, the oil pressure and engine coolant temp gauges aren't working. All of the above were all working when I pulled the motor. Any tips?

Checked all fuses, none are blown.
Everything is plugged in.

a5t1

Reaction score
After doing a trans swap I had the same issue. Long story short had to replace the throttle sensor on the pedal. It just happened to die during the swap, maybe the same thing happened to you. If you go to the dealer/ parts store they will try and sell you the whole assembly which is around $400.

Order this instead:
Dorman # 699-200 TPS sensor

LariatRob2000

Reaction score
After doing a trans swap I had the same issue. Long story short had to replace the throttle sensor on the pedal. It just happened to die during the swap, maybe the same thing happened to you. If you go to the dealer/ parts store they will try and sell you the whole assembly which is around $400.

Order this instead:
Dorman # 699-200 TPS sensor
If just the Accelerator Pedal position Sensor was bad, the gauges would still work. It's gotta be something else. I do agree with you about buying just the sensor and not getting soaked for a whole pedal assembly though. I just replaced the sensor in my truck due to glitchy pedal issues. It was an easy swap, and my glitchy pedal is cured. $37 from Amazon.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Well guys, I spent 12 hours troubleshooting the problem...
Pulled the entire wiring harness apart!

Turns out a pin was bent on the PCM, on top of that I found a few chaffed wires underneath the fuse box. Man was that a pain in the a**!

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
I put a new under the hood harness in my truck the other day took maybe 30 mins, not hard but sucks getting those pesky side markers in,I think pulling dash and steering is way easier, glad you got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Members online