Sled pulling

PSDEng

Reaction score
One or two hooks.....MAYBE....you're pushing you're luck from the beginning with the E4OD but some last longer than others. Make sure you have a ride home is all I'm saying....

dave186

Reaction score
When you guys are sled pulling with an auto, what gear do you use? do you manually put it in 1 or 2?

sc96ps

Reaction score
depending on your HP 1st low range manually shift to 2nd when the r'ss come up ...and pray for that tranny LOLLOLLOL

dave186

Reaction score
Thats what I thought. Manually shifting the E4OD like that is not going to work well. The manual 2 position uses the intermediate band to apply second, not the clutches like it would if the ECU is shifting it.

sc96ps

Reaction score
I have an E40D in mine Ive put a tq converter lock up switch on it it works most of the time in 2ND if the RPM'S are getting too high you might try it .

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Put it in drive, low range and let'er buck.

If it gets enough RPM's to shift from 1st to 2nd reach up and pull it down to second.

Trans will make a solid shift, and you don't have to worry about blowing through 2nd to 3rd and snuffin the turbo.

96 obs stroker

Reaction score
I just wanted to hook it once to see how it does but I'll probably wait until my tranny is beefed up.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
What other mods are on the truck? the tranny probaly toast either way but why even hook if stock?

wint

Reaction score
If your stock your tranny will hold. Mine had several hooks with stock injectors just a tune and it was fine until the next season LOL. But for one hook you'll be alright

01stroked

Reaction score
i pulled in 2nd high range the first time and going home wouldnt shift out of 2nd gear :fustrate: got it "built" and percition converter and now no problems since with a couple hooks

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
i pulled in 2nd high range the first time and going home wouldnt shift out of 2nd gear :fustrate: got it "built" and percition converter and now no problems since with a couple hooks

2nd high?

Latest posts

Members online