Smokes alot when cold

sniper_101

Reaction score
My truck did this when I had my stock injectors, and even now with reman stage 1's and new Beru GP's a couple months ago. About 1/2 as much smoke as in your video, but it's blue and will make your eyes water with raw fuel smell. Clears up a lot after a minute, and is completely gone by the time the coolant/oil reach 110-130*F. Does this from just under 50*F outside temp, and down, but once it's real cold out, can't notice the blue, just white/very cold coloured exhaust, lol.

Just thought I'd add another to the list of trucks that smoke, but run fine.

bigwheel

Reaction score
Your truck looks just like mine does. I am running FF 160/80. I just replaced all o-rings and it still smokes like that, with a strong fuel smell that burns your eyes. I do have low compression so that doesn't help with the cold starts. Did you check your compression before installing the injectors? Matt can prob tune that out I would think as long as your truck has no other issues.

average

Reaction score
Yep now with my hybrids it smokes a lil on start up and clears up after warming up/driving. Well after watching the video, it doesn't smoke nearly as much as yours, mine is a darker, fuel rich smoke.

Latest posts

Members online