some WW2 results

under pressure

Reaction score
Here are my first impressions and results. ......2003, 7.3 auto.
Gtp38 w/ported compressor housing, .84 ex housing, high flow outlet & 6.0 IC.
Beans DD tune
65* ambient,
elevation 2500 ft
-Speeds taken in OD with cruise control

Stock wheel
Test...............speed.......egts.......boost
Cruising........70 mph....700*......5 psi
Town.............45 mph....550*......2 psi

WW2
Cruising........70 mph....620*.......3 psi
Town.............45 mph...480*........0 psi
This is a 2 psi drop cruising and 70/80* drop in egts.......sounds pretty efficient so far.
This wheel definetly spools faster and lets you know its there.It is more of a deep wooshing whistle than the higher pitch i had before, just louder.

Stock wheel, WOT made 26 psi, 1100 deg @ 95 mph
Billett WW2, WOT made 30 psi, 1100 deg @ 95 mph (0-30 psi gauge)
Billet WW2, WOT made 30 psi, 900 deg @ 95 mph ( 80/20 w/m )

Cr500

Reaction score
For the people that like turbo whine they probably won't like the billet stuff. I have been using billet wheels for a while, maybe a few years now, but only recently on the 38r stuff. In every application the billet part will be much better than the cast, but the noise is just like you said regardless of turbo. It has whine, but more pronounced is the air rushing noise.

under pressure

Reaction score
Yes it is, i would assume it may not be as loud in an enclosed intake system, but not by much.
I compare it to the early 6.0 whistle, just not as high pitched

under pressure

Reaction score
These are just off my gauges as i see them. Though peak boost pressure is based on a 30 psi max gauge. Each fact stated for cruising was taken in one mile intervals. WOT was takin a few times on the free way. This is what i saw, no BS about it. Its just louder than i anticapated.
By Just an average Joe (no punt intended )

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
Also noticing a crisper exhaust note as well from 1500 to 2500 rpm. Its not all rumbled together as before.

Can someone tell me what to test drive pressure (ex. back pressure) with. OBD scan tool ? Type ?

Cr500

Reaction score
If using scan tool you can read thru the back pressure sensor. It might ebps or something. Just know that the reading is with atmospheric pressure, and also you might take yours out real quick and make sure it/ line/ fitting are all clean.
So if atmospheric is 15 psi where you are, and you are making 5 psi in manifold, that sensor will read 20.
Any basic scanner that can watch data should be able to watch that sensor.
If you put a guage on the line it will not be that steady to read when making pressure. It kinda flutters so a glycerin filled guage would help.

under pressure

Reaction score
Its 13.5 here. Were goin to log it tomorrow. See what happends, my buddy has the laptop software he uses at the shop for trouble shooting At Arizona Affordable Diesel Tech.

under pressure

Reaction score
Today went to my buddies shop and hooked up his vsm to data log. Here is what we saw.
Baro..13.45
Ebp....13.5

A couple runs around his shop. These runs were with in 1 psi. From the screen shot comparisons.
2800 rpm
79% throttle
28 lbs boost (analog)
22 psi ebp (after correction)

dietoremain

Reaction score
Nice results. I have a 1.0 turbine housing and have amazingly low gets as well I'm loving it. Gettin 30psi too with the red line unplugged.

under pressure

Reaction score
Id bet your ebp is even lower probably.

Now i wonder if the turbo spins slower with the lower ebp ?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just FYI...

Get yourself Auto Enginuity...

When I data log turbo changes I record TPS, boost, EBP and RPM's. With AE you can record these, save them and look at them on a excel or other formats...

under pressure

Reaction score
I dont no what program was on the laptop, it was a ford scan tool, we had to call some ford tech support to get it activated, the laptop was hooked to a VSM that hooked to my obd2.
Everything was saved as we pulled it back up later.

Latest posts

Members online