Spare parts

Ipkyss

Reaction score
What do you carry in your truck for spare parts? I keep an EGT sensor, intercooler boots and clamps in my tool box. Spare HID headlights. Those are the only things I have really had any issues with on the road.

What else is there? What other common issue can leave you stuck on the side of the road for a $50 part? I was thinking about grabbing a spare belt for the motor. Just can't come up with anything else thats not major. If you can't change it with a basic craftsman set, it doesn't help much.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I keep spare belts and pretty much everything u said. I also keep my stock oil pan plug since i have the fumoto valve in now. Spare oil filter fuel filters trans filter and soon to be coolant filters. There r probably alot of things i need to carry but i can think of anymore.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just tools. Spare headlights? Do you have these go out often?

No, but I did have one HID go out on my when I was about 300 miles from home at night. Luckily I had the factory bulb in the tool box. I got two more HID bulbs, replaced the bad one, and keep the extra in the tool box.

Normally when I am a way from home, I am towing my enclosed with any tool I could need and plenty of room for spares.

What got me thinking is I am hoping to take about a 6,000 mile trip next month with just the truck. Not sure if it will happen, But I have my fingers crossed.

BFT

Reaction score
Hand tools, EGT sensor, boots, t bolt clamps, zip ties, wd-40, power inverter, a small drill & impact, a pump for tires and soon to be an extra air filter

Going to get an extra belt, air dog fuel filters and EPB sensor

I forgot to add that I also carry a tire patch kit (even though I have 2 full size spares) and 2, 5 gallon fuel jugs.
Since you are going that far I always carry a sleeping bag, pillow and extra drinking water.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
6,000 mile trip? Damn that is a road trip.. Taco all you need is one of those portable showers and you are a traveling hotel. LOL

BFT

Reaction score
6,000 mile trip? Damn that is a road trip.. Taco all you need is one of those portable showers and you are a traveling hotel. LOL

Already did it... Cooler of melted ice, a clean shirt and a bar of soap work pretty well LOL

Latest posts

Members online