spartan tuning limits

Lukas64

Reaction score
Just wondering how far people have taken spartan tuning. How does it work with upgraded fuel and bigger turbos?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know Rudy ran an old 310 tune of ours in his crew cab for a long time with an Industrial pump, larger injectors, and Elite Tow Power compounds. I rode it in and it ran pretty good. Custom tuning is going to help a lot though and we don't offer that at the moment. Obviously the modified stock turbo upgrades aren't going to really require any custom tuning because they already spool so well, but the fuel system upgrades really need it along with the more custom turbo setups.

Lukas64

Reaction score
Good to know. I would get an sct and use gearhead or id but they are getting hard to find! It will be a year or so until I upgrade the fuel so we will see what happens by then haha

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah your best bet is to just keep your dashdaq for monitoring and trying to find a xrt or mini maxx

And actually Hallers repair (the people who own that dyno) might have some, and also have some good custom tuning for them, even on stock turbo and fuel you might be impressed. They are in cheyenne wyoming

Lukas64

Reaction score
Ya I know they are just so expensive now lol

that's good to know might have to look in to Hallers, do they just tune with mcc?

BFT

Reaction score
I ran an older version of the 310 with stock fuel and high powers from elite. Ran pretty damn good

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ya I know they are just so expensive now lol

that's good to know might have to look in to Hallers, do they just tune with mcc?

yeah they are you might give them a call they had some older xrts and stuff last time i checked

Yes on 6.4s mcc is all and efi live for duramaxs

RSK

Reaction score
street diesel performance has older sct's in stock call up sean. cheaper then h&s tuners but not shift on the fly either.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
You can hunt for a us only street tuner. I've got a couple left if you have trouble finding one.

That way you don't pay a premium for a Race/high sulfur unit on top of the MCC code and tunes.

While I am nowhere NEAR the experienced tuners and nowhere near a lot of novice tuners, I DO enjoy having the ability to write my own tunes. Even if I don't run them often! Lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
You can hunt for a us only street tuner. I've got a couple left if you have trouble finding one.

That way you don't pay a premium for a Race/high sulfur unit on top of the MCC code and tunes.

While I am nowhere NEAR the experienced tuners and nowhere near a lot of novice tuners, I DO enjoy having the ability to write my own tunes. Even if I don't run them often! Lol

I agree. I haven't written many programs but have dabbled with it and if nothing else, I have learner a few things.

Lukas64

Reaction score

What do you mean us only street tuner? I would like to try to tune it my self to learn how. I have messed with efi live a little bit on on a a few duramaxs that have come through the shop and would love to get into the ford tuning game too.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
For a while H&S sold Street tuners that were US SOFTWARE ONLY. They do not have any ability to have the high sulfur tuning unlocked

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.