spe hot x tune help

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
As long as you have the MCC unlock code and have entered it in the Mini, you should be good to go. Just make sure you load the tune first before you start removing stuff.

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
As long as you have the MCC unlock code and have entered it in the Mini, you should be good to go. Just make sure you load the tune first before you start removing stuff.

i have the mcc and the code already put on the tuner. just waiting for the exhaust to get here now. i was just making sure.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
You should be good to go then. I really like their tune and customer service is fantastic!!

Reaction score
I just installed the spe tune today with a little help from spe but gotta say I'm really liking the tune I just wonder about boost numbers and turbo overspeeding issues pushing higher boost numbers

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm running the SPE also. I want to give a shout out to there customer service, second to none. The Trans is very aggressive at first but levels out after a couple of days. The Tune is very strong and the power is great for a CP4 pump. When I was running the H&S box tune I would run a constant 14.7 1/4 mile with ease. I will know next Friday on my current HotX tune times. If I extend more than a 1/4 mile and stay into WOT the truck drops rail pressure and shuts down running the HotX tune. I'm researching now my options on the fuel rail dump but not sure if I want the dual pump setup. The truck weights 9180 lbs with the set up I'm running now. I'm concerned the Trans will be next if I go to the dual pumps. I can here the clutch packs Howls now with my current set up at WOT. I want to talk to SPE on Monday and see what they think the next step would be.

BK39

Reaction score
How do i know if my tuner already has MCC tuning?

I doubt that it does, but didn't know if there was a way to check.

dseitler

Reaction score
On mine you hit menu - install download - a few question about the truck then it ask you :
H&S Tune
MCC Custom
Stock tune
Select MCC and if your mini is unlocked it will go directly to which file you want. If it is not unlocked it will ask you for a unlocked file.
Remember as long as you are NOT down loading a file you can stop by shutting the truck off and unplugging the device from the ODB port if there is no back button. Once you purchase the unlock code the tuner is unlocked for life with that vin number. SPE gives you a discount on the custom tunes and unlock code together.
I'm running the HotX code and ran consistent 14.5's tonight but my reaction time sucked. I know I can do better if I can get my reaction time below .200 and get rid of my wheel hop at the line.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.