Speedo not working after 7.3 Swap

CrustyRusty

Reaction score
I am Looking for some assistance diagnosing my speedometer.

I have a 2007 F350 which has been 7.3 Swapped. To complete this swap all the wiring harnesses, computers, relays (really anything electrical were swapped from a 2002 F350 over to the 2007. I have been trying to get the speedo to work but have been unable. The axles and wheel speed sensors are from the 2007 I had read that this combination will work but am wondering if I need sensors from the 02? Or perhaps a Dakota digital adapter? When I read the input from the wheel sensors with my scanner the wheels all read 4.8kmh no matter what, regardless of if the wheels are spinning or not, and this never changes. The ABS module from the 2002 was swapped over as well, it makes the appropriate noises and passes the self test that my 2 way code reader conducts. How ever the ABS does not fire when the wheels lock up. Below are the codes the vehicle is presenting (there is allot)

Instrument cluster

-U1262 SCP Data Link Fault
-B1352 Ignition key in circuit fault

PCM – Powertrain Control Module

-P0475 Exhaust pressure control Valve

-P0603 Power interruption KPWR circuit (probably because of the Hydra Chip?)

PAM – Parking Aid Module

-B2373 Memory LED Circuit Failure

-C1709 Rear Inner right sensor Circuit Failure

-C1706 Rear Inner Left sensor Circuit Failure

-C1703 Rear outer right Sensor Circuit Failure

-C1700 Rear Outer Left Sensor Circuit Failure

OTC – Over Head Trip Computer

-P0500 VSS Sensor Circuit Fault

GEM – Generic Electronic Module (despite these codes all these functions work)

-P1876 Transfer Case 2WD Solenoid Circuit open to ground

-P1832 Transmission Transfer Case 4WD Solenoid circuit failure
-B1318 Battery level is low (its possible this is from disconnecting my batteries every night Ill clear the codes and see if this one comes back)

ABS – Antilock Breaking system
-B1676 Battery Voltage out of range (once again this could be from unplugging the battery…or it’s directly related to the cause of the problem)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.