speedometer calibration

hudu

Reaction score
I've got a 11 job 1,it came with 18" wheels,I put 20" wheels on. I need to calabrate the speedo,I searched and no results,any help would be apreceated

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The dealer cant/wont tune ove a 34" or no one will,i have a set of 35"toyo M /T's on the way & need to correct mine as well,but i also have a tuner coming,i see folks with more then 34's quite often.
��

Reaction score
The dealer cant/wont tune ove a 34" or no one will,i have a set of 35"toyo M /T's on the way & need to correct mine as well,but i also have a tuner coming,i see folks with more then 34's quite often.
��

You can run any size tire but the dealer, as well as aftermarket tuners can not compensate for anything larger than 34" in the speedometer.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
I have a mini maxx and set at 34.1 and when my speedo is at 80 im actually only going 78 or so

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thx raptorgabe,appreciate the input,that doesn't sound to bad,may actually help keep me out of trouble lol.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I've got a 11 job 1,it came with 18" wheels,I put 20" wheels on. I need to calabrate the speedo,I searched and no results,any help would be apreceated

Why do you have to calibrate for wheels? :look around:

Have you compared the tire sizes to see if you actually need to change anything?

Jassman

Reaction score
Here is what I use to re-calibrate tire size..the 20 is the size that comes from the factory..not sure on the 18...but see the speedo difference on far right.

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/

Ford can not adjust above the largest tire size..so the 34.1 is the largest.
I used this on my 15...
http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A3757A0A0.aspx

if you hold out you will be able to get it around 179.00 after they know you are looking for it... It will not be accurate until you mearsure the new tire on level ground and use that figure. I had 34.1.. 20's..and went to 37x12.5x20...After measuring vs using 37" and on the 3rd time finally figured out what I was doing wrong.. I used 35.75" after compression at the outside edge and she is accurate. This will save you many steps. Good Luck.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Here is what I use to re-calibrate tire size..the 20 is the size that comes from the factory..not sure on the 18...but see the speedo difference on far right.

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/

Ford can not adjust above the largest tire size..so the 34.1 is the largest.
I used this on my 15...
http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A3757A0A0.aspx

if you hold out you will be able to get it around 179.00 after they know you are looking for it... It will not be accurate until you mearsure the new tire on level ground and use that figure. I had 34.1.. 20's..and went to 37x12.5x20...After measuring vs using 37" and on the 3rd time finally figured out what I was doing wrong.. I used 35.75" after compression at the outside edge and she is accurate. This will save you many steps. Good Luck.

The link is showing 2 options, one for an in-line module, and one that plugs into the obd port, which did you use?

hudu

Reaction score
the wheels and tires were off a platinum so I thought there might be a factory setting I could access. I have 17" winter tires so I was hoping I could switch easily myself. I have a mini-max , just have to figure out how to use it.

i

ftast350

Reaction score

You will only require a recalibration if you change the height of the tires (ex. from 33" to 35") if you change your rim size and purchase tires that are the same size as stock but with a larger or smaller rim diameter you will not have to re-cal.

Forget about the rim size, what is the tire size? If they are stock size tires on platinum rims then you do not need a re-cal. 17" 18" 20" 22" 24" all these rim sizes dont matter to the computer as long as the physical height of the tire is unchanged.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got the in-line speedo module plugged in behind my dash. I left the usb cable plugged into it and ran the excess cable to the bottom of my dash. I can now just plug in my laptop and make corrections to fine tune my speedo without having to take the dash apart.

Latest posts

Members online