Spent some time at TSD....

strokin20

Reaction score
well i was in san antonio yesterday and spent most of it at truck source diesel. first off, they're an awesome bunch of guys. i had chris write me a tune for my 6.4. then we spent some time on the dyno comparing tunes. we did gearhead race, tsd superpanty dropper, innovative extreme x and spartan 310.

Attachments

• Jared Hicks all.jpg
    Jared Hicks all.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Jared Hicks all hp.jpg
    Jared Hicks all hp.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Jared Hicks all torque.jpg
    Jared Hicks all torque.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Jared Hicks gearhead.jpg
    Jared Hicks gearhead.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Jared Hicks Innovative xtreme x.jpg
    Jared Hicks Innovative xtreme x.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 86

strokin20

Reaction score
heres the other two graphs.

Attachments

• Jared Hicks Panty Dropper 3.3.jpg
    Jared Hicks Panty Dropper 3.3.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 66
  • Jared Hicks Spartan 310.jpg
    Jared Hicks Spartan 310.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 54

imelmo

Reaction score
Pretty neat how close they all are. Guess it just comes down to personal driving preference when picking one.

strokin20

Reaction score
yea they're all really close. the spartan dynoed higher but we had a hard time running it because of the sensitive pedal causing it to buck lol. the gearhead and tsd tune were pretty clean and the innovative had just a little more smoke. the 310 was def the smokiest which im sure everybody already knows. i got my wife to take a few vids of the exhaust so i'll try to get those up. or if someone else that knows how to post vids wants, i can email them and let you post.

Chris

Reaction score
It was a good time Jared, thank you for coming by and being the test mule to get some numbers for everyone. Your truck is definately running nice!

the lines curve because we got the truck up to speed in overdrive and then start the sample and turn on the load cell at the same time, it will pull the motor down a couple hundred rpms at first before we start making the pull. His truck is an automatic and we were not running dyno trans tuning where it will stay in a gear, so the variation up to 2000-2200rpms is just us rolling in to the throttle as hard as we can without it downshifting and creating an inaccurate spike. I can actually clean up the graphs if needed to discard that first part of the run. Its safe to say Jareds truck is dialed in for the setup it currently has. 4 different tuners with 4 different ways of tuning within 10hp of eachother.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
From looking at the graphs it seemed yours and Spartans came on faster than the others. Surprised Eric's didn't come on faster since it fuels more down low.

Gearhead

Reaction score
From looking at the graphs it seemed yours and Spartans came on faster than the others. Surprised Eric's didn't come on faster since it fuels more down low.

it is just the way it was dynoed... i know mine like to downshift so you can't really run a regular tune on the dyno and expect good torque numbers.

Chris

Reaction score
i wouldnt pay attention to the numbers until around 2200 or so. being as we didnt have tunes made to dyno only (which means they stay in a gear and you just nail the throttle), we have to ride the throttle as hard as possible without it down shifting until it picks up speed and you can get wot.

all runs were made with the same load to keep the results as close as possible. we also made a few runs on each tune to make sure we got to where we were consistent. the charts are of the best run of each tune. none of the runs of any tune varied by more than 4-5 hp once we got the feel for running each one on the dyno. the spartan had to be started a lot earlier because tryign to hold steady rpm for a few seconds until we turned the load cell on the truck would start bucking and jumping uncontrolably so we had to find a spot it would calm down at.

strokin20

Reaction score
Hey Chris I appreciate you guys letting me run on the dyno. It was a blast for me being the first time. I bet with a healthier fuel pump and temps cooler than 100 degrees the numbers would've been better.

Chris

Reaction score
Anytime bro! it was good to have you. It was awesome you were up for doing the tests, im sure a lot of people were curious how all the tunes would compare. I agree, i think if you can get it to maintain rail a little better and run in cooler temps youd be knocking on 600.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.