spool up increase

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
That's a tough one with a s400, bd does offer a t4 diverted valve with a boost regulated valve that allows you to open it when you want. So basically you could keep one valute close until 25psi say if you wanted for increased drivibility in town, then it would open, if I were trying to drive a s400 daily I thi k I'd go that way, but competition use I'd go divided up pipes. All depends on what your doing with the truck. I don't care what anyone says but a a divider valve with one value close to say 30 psi with have way better drivibility. Just my 2 cents. Yes there are way more moving parts, more adjustment, so really it's up to you and how involved you want to get with your truck

g2shuck

Reaction score
That's a tough one with a s400, bd does offer a t4 diverted valve with a boost regulated valve that allows you to open it when you want. So basically you could keep one valute close until 25psi say if you wanted for increased drivibility in town, then it would open, if I were trying to drive a s400 daily I thi k I'd go that way, but competition use I'd go divided up pipes. All depends on what your doing with the truck. I don't care what anyone says but a a divider valve with one value close to say 30 psi with have way better drivibility. Just my 2 cents. Yes there are way more moving parts, more adjustment, so really it's up to you and how involved you want to get with your truck

I can get this diverted valve for $360 but then I have to adapt it the v band… how much better will the diverted be? Will it be enough to justify making a whole new pedestal and up pipes plus be around $600 versus about $10 to make my pipes divided

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 43

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I agree with you. Only gripe with the valve is the soot is a pain in the butt and they seize frequently. I've noticed using fluid film lube worked for a while, better than not coated, but ultimately came back. If you want maintenance free, the divided pipes are the way to go. But street driving a s400 wont be as fun and a 300 series charger but with good tuning its not that bad.

g2shuck

Reaction score
what you talkin bout... I have been street driving this single s472 for weeks with a v-band adapter... heck the wife has been driving it daily to work.... does fine on the street just cant keep and boost on the highway lol

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
For the record, divided uppipes help but its not night and day, it doesn't turn it into a duracrap vs a 6L lol to me that's night and day

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I'm a believer that everybody's truck reacts different to things, but I had a noticeable increase on spool up with mine. I wish I had some before and after vids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g2shuck

Reaction score
I am just going to go ahead and do the divided up pipes and go from there I can build them for way less money

g2shuck

Reaction score
not unless you know where I can get a set of used ones for dirt cheap... I have not seen any aftermarket manifolds that are even remotley close to being worth $1000 from a performance aspect.... there is a reason the 6.4 guys spend money to run the stock 6.0 manifolds

g2shuck

Reaction score
You'll be happy with your decision. Looking forward to seeing your results

Glad to have your support shawn there is so many thing I would like to pick your brain about.... not building a competition legal truck just an exibition play toy so anything goes lol

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
not unless you know where I can get a set of used ones for dirt cheap... I have not seen any aftermarket manifolds that are even remotley close to being worth $1000 from a performance aspect.... there is a reason the 6.4 guys spend money to run the stock 6.0 manifolds

I agree with ya there. They r $$$. I got lucky and came across my whole set up for a good price used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g2shuck

Reaction score
By all means if anybody has a set they want to sell cheap let me know but otherwise it will remain stock manifolds unless I get a wild hair to try and fab my own which is doubtfull

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.