Srp 1.1 max

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Not quite sure what your question is. Pump itself does not have a 'duty cycle'. Duty cycle is determined by the IPR, meaning how much oil can by-pass and still maintain demanded ICP.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere before where gary( maker of pump I think) had listed a certain dc value where the pump was being worked to hard and life expectancy would be substantially shortened. I could be wrong, but I was just curious as I am seeing 55+dc

DZL JIM

Reaction score
DC will vary with what the tune calls for base on the performance of the motor at that instance. In other words, at idle dc will be in the low teens, under WOT it will be higher like (50%?) to help hold the pressure the tune calls for. And DC will vary constantly anywhere in between.
If you are seeing 55% at idle, somethings very wrong.
If you are seeing 55% cruising at 45 mph, something is wrong.
If you are seeing 55% only under WOT that's probably fine.

Make sense?

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Yes it makes sense thank you, I understand the way the pump works as far as it's a fixed drive speed off the rpm of the engine. I was just under the impression anything over 50 at a given time was starting to decrease pump life. I'm around 15 idle, upper 30s to 40 cruising, and almost 60 wot

Gearhead

Reaction score
15 at idle is a bunch unless your tuner is commanding a lot of idle ICP.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
If I have a leak won't it show up on ICP? I'm not sure what ICP is being called for but it seems to hold 3k easily. Or will the pump react fast enough to increase dc to hold an ICP leak that the ICP will hold steady? Not trying to argue with anyone here, just learning everyone's opinion
Thanks

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
More info will help.

What size injectors/brand?
Who's tuning?
All tunes or just certain tunes do this??

Could be injectors pissing hpo

nwpastroker

Reaction score
400/200 hybrids by full force with mods
Matt's tuning, the street tune is the hottest I run as I have a stock bottom end and traction is an issue in every gear. (6spd) in the tow and heavy tow tune it doesn't go nearly as high, which I think makes sense and fuel is pulled back
Thank you everyone for your input

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Typically we see high 30's (DC) with 300/200's. 300/400's push it to 40's(DC).

A 400cc injector is too much in my option. And the 200% nozzle makes little since(also my opinion).

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Then the srp1 will never give you the results you will want. It wasn't designed for that level of output. Stealth offers some larger single pump options or dual pumps are your only options.

dynoproventuner

Reaction score
If the pump is making 3000 PSI with the set up you have now at WOT you are fine. I think what Tim is saying is when you go to the 400% Nozzle the SRP1.1 will not be your best bet.

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
i think the info your looking for is,the ipr is on the pump it self it is a regulator,it regulates volume. ICP sensor is just that a sensor for the pcm to see what curent presure is. Now at idle on a stock truck in a perfect world 9% ipr dc at 500psi would be great,now with wear on the pump and injectors 11-12% at 500psi would be ok any higher dc to the ipr to mantaine around 500psi would indicate a leak. Now with custom tuning these parameters can be altered to suit your needs and use of the vehicle,meaning if your idling at at 15% dc and your icp is 650-700psi then i would assume there are no major issues and relate it to tuning. Theres nothing wrong with that at all maybe just alittle rough idle,but 15%dc at 450-500 psi would mean theres a problem,now as far as at wot remember the ipr is a simple regulator and 3000psi no matter what the ipr dc is will always be 3000psi meaning 30% dc or 60% dc its all the same as far as load on the pump. In closing with all the different injectors on the market today and different styles of tuning it can be hard trying to compare one build to the next for alot of different reasons,and there really is no major right or wrong answer to this question there for if your maintaining 3000psi at wot your doing ok and your not killing the pump your just not wasting off as much as some one maintaining at 50%. Sorry for long post.

Latest posts

Members online