SRP1

woodduck97

Reaction score
We have swapped IDM's, computers, checked wiring from the idm to the injectors and tested out between .3 and .2 resistance, power going into the idm is the same as the batteries and does not drop when buzz tested. Injectors tested at 2.5 to 2.6 ohms. It is not just the tuner that made me notice this because it does it with the chip out. Right now both of are trucks are not tuned and his will still beat mine. Currently waiting for the chip to come back with more tuning changes to see if it makes a difference. It still does not make since that a truck with less mods is going faster then another with more. I didnt notice this problem till after the oil pump was installed.

Cota

Reaction score
So what are the problems being seen with these pumps?
What is it that Gary needs to get sorted out?

woodduck97

Reaction score
I will reply with the tuning changes and how the truck runs once I get the tunes and trans back in.

Also any thing that may be something to check let me know and I can try it.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
So what are the problems being seen with these pumps?
What is it that Gary needs to get sorted out?

No hot start and not making the presssure they should is the info I had. I do not think by any means that this was some huge widespread issue.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Fuel presure is good and stays good under WOT. Also have check the map sensor with and with out a boost fooler and unplugged it and noticed no difference.

Here is a video of it idleing last night after doing all the wire testing and stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyWZMr8dlRA

Here is a video back in april of what it used to do with the stock oil pump. Crappy video but can see the smoke it started to lay out after boosted up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDGTMp7o54

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That sounds more like an injector issue then a pump issue from what I can hear in 10 seconds.

Bean

Reaction score
If you are convinced its the pump then swap pumps with your buddy.

Zaairman

Reaction score
I hope Gary gets everything worked out great, he's a great guy, I've talked to him several times at local events and can't wait to get one of his pumps in my truck.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Going to be till next week till I find out something. Been waiting on my transmisson from BTS for 3 weeks now since paid for.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Sorry for such the delay on what the fix was. Had a couple bad orings on the injectors. Guess the 15* pump was just not enough to blow oil by them. The truck still has a small bump in it but not sure what it is though.

Latest posts

Members online