Stage 1 Cam?

ingrahams

Reaction score
Stage 1 cam will be ordered tomorrow. what all needs/should be done machining wise to swap pistons? just curious what the labor and machining costs will be if i decide to go with coated HD pistons aswell.
-Stew

madman1234509

Reaction score
Id almost lean to the new international pistons myself, with the new bowls.... They are a direct replacement.... You could always have them coated yourself. I send all of my stuff to swain tech (pistons,exhaust manis, hot pipes ect...)

White_monster

Reaction score
The International pistons are only avaliable in stock size, no oversize options yet. It costs about $30 a piston to machine the bowl of a stock ford piston and whatever the coating company charges.

gman1

Reaction score
Id almost lean to the new international pistons myself, with the new bowls.... They are a direct replacement.... You could always have them coated yourself. I send all of my stuff to swain tech (pistons,exhaust manis, hot pipes ect...)
Swain tech has some awesome stuff at a great price.

madman1234509

Reaction score
And I can totally speak for their coatings... I know its not a diesel, but I coated the heads and pistons in my snow cross sled and have been able to jet it way lean and hold it wide open to see EGTS of 1350+ (which is wicked high for a sled) and the pistons have held together without a hickup. Looked into the cylinders with a scope at the end of last year and they looked great after two years of abuse. Any consumer sled or snow cross sled with that kind of timing curve and jetted that low would have melted down within 1 ride

Latest posts

Members online