stage 2 injectors .....no chip

mnstroker

Reaction score
just telling you guys what happened to me. I assumed it kept dumping more icp to keep the truck running. I literally had barely enough fuel pressure to keep the truck going down the road.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
BUT the ICP has nothing to do with FUEL pressure!!!

They are two differant things!!! ICP is for the High Pressure Oil.. Not for fuel pressure..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
just telling you guys what happened to me. I assumed it kept dumping more icp to keep the truck running. I literally had barely enough fuel pressure to keep the truck going down the road.

You could have no fuel pressure and assuming you could keep the truck running the ICP would just keep clattering away without a care in the world...

mnstroker

Reaction score
Just realized why I had that code. And fuel pressure was part of the problem. the other part was I had the skinny pedal mashed for 3-4 miles till there was a safe spot to pull over.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Just realized why I had that code. And fuel pressure was part of the problem. the other part was I had the skinny pedal mashed for 3-4 miles till there was a safe spot to pull over.

If you have tunes that would probably explain the code. Even if you didnt have the fuel issue and your mashing the pedal the same I bet you would set the ICP code.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Again, The PCM has NO way of knowing if you have 5000000000 psi of fuel pressure or 0... You can start the motor on starter fluid and keep it running, the ICP will just keep driving the injectors without a care in the world...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Again, The PCM has NO way of knowing if you have 5000000000 psi of fuel pressure or 0... You can start the motor on starter fluid and keep it running, the ICP will just keep driving the injectors without a care in the world...

Just as a hypothetical. If the PCM sees that the idle is dropping out, not knowing it's due to lack of fuel, would it not add pw to compensate, thus bringing ICP out of range?

I've had a 1211 light before when my truck ran out of fuel due to a bad pick up...

neverkickn

Reaction score

You can have two unrelated problems at one time. Lack of fuel from inadequate fuel system for the demand or fuel system failure doesn't throw a code.ICP uncontrollable will.

8inchstroker

Reaction score
Hate to bring this up again but, it is now a daily driver. Anyways if I run it full throttle everywhere i go the SES light will not come on.But if I drive it easy it comes on. Oh ya and the PCM is a used one.

8inchstroker

Reaction score
i got all the codes than we cleared it. it was over boost n yadayada yada. i got a list of the codes but it has never done this untill i put in new pcm/and no chip.It shutters right before it comes on. I guess I'll just have to have it scanned again. Tried to do a buzz test but it wouldnt do it for some reason?

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
OK so lets get back to the Ops issues. Lets also try to speak English when we post and not some short hand version of texting. You know punctuation, capitals where they belong etc.. LOL

OK to try and follow all this:

Stage 2 injectors.
H2E turbo
You replaced the PCM with another used one Was it the same code and family?

When you replaced the PCM you also no longer us the chip that was in the old PCM? If this is correct why? What chip and from who was it when you had/ran it?

Stage II injectors typically means single shot with a 80-100% nozzle. If they came from Swamps there is a good chance they could have a 30% nozzle. No matter what you should not be running your truck without proper tunes when you have injectors split shot or not with larger nozzles. You certainly do not want to run them hard. You are dumping a lot more fuel per PW time.

The overboost code is just exactly that. the H2e is causing much higher boost than the stock PCM program wants to allow.

You other hard codes could be anything and may or may not be directly related to the lack of a chip. You need to get a scanner program like AE so you can get some real data.

Do you have gauges in the cab egt, boost, etc?

Did you buy the truck from someone else that already had the stage 2 in there? I am asking as you said you do not know who's stage 2 they are so I assume this is why. With that info you could call around to the various injector builder and see if they have his name on file. Or try and contact the guy himself and see if he can get you the info. It would be helpful but not mandatory.

What happened to the chip that it is no longer on the truck? You really need to get one back on there or send off your PCM to Bill@PHP and have it flashed to as tune setup for the injectors. But it would be much better IMHO to get a new chip and custom tunes from one of the tuners on here. Changes can be handled much easier than with a flashed PCM only.

I am thinking you likley have along with the overboost code some sorts of ICP codes. Maybe a EBP code. Along with the IAH code EBPV code Those are to be expected with the deletions for the H2E turbo.

First thing I would do is get a chip and proper tunes. Then write down any codes clear them again and see what if any come back then post them up and we can help or try to from there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online