Stage 2s no chip

TyCorr

Reaction score
In the OP's case, sounds like stageIs with a good tow tune PCM reflash is the ideal solution. That would give him about 375hp without worrying about any chip connection problems or a tune that wouldn't work with a load and has the side benefit of being cheaper than a chip. PCM reflash is around $175.

Thats what I really want to do with my superduty. I plan to replace a lot of the plastics in it. I sure as heck dont want to put that cheesy rotary knob on the dash when im trying to make it look better.

A pod near the gauge cluster with a pushbutton/led tune changer would be ok but id rather just have a fancy tune written. Ill buy a few nvk pcm as backups if needed.

psduser1

Reaction score
The more miles I put on my setups, the more I think one tune is plenty.

No knobs, just a gauge or two.

JD3020

Reaction score
One tune is plenty, IF its perfect. I'm only running one tune on my truck with 250/200%'s and a stock turbo. I've done some street racing, sled pulling, dirt drags, heavy towing, and just general cruising. BUT i have a ton of time into making the tune exactly how i want it.

Get a chip and be done with it. How many thousands of TS's are out there running around without a single issue? I have 2 and a Hydra, never had a chip related issue in 4 years.

Jkk73

Reaction score
My guess is the terminals were never cleaned properly and it wasn't making a good connection. I definitely wouldn't waste the money on buying/ swapping injectors to get the same horsepower gains as with a chip install that is done correctly.
I still have it, sits in a drawer, whenever I get another beat up obs I'm gonna stick it in that an see what happens, not the smartest idea but always curious if it was just a bad connection or if the chip itself is screwy

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I like multiple tunes

1.Stock for starting the truck and running it till operating temps.

2. high idea for warm ups or when running A/C

3 tow tune..... well for towing and daily driving

4 race, for blowing the doors off of Fiats

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.