Stand alone?

superpsd

Reaction score
Just doing a little research. Has anyone heard of or seen a 6.7 ran with a stand alone yet? In case someone ever wanted to put one in a dedicated puller or boat or generator etc etc... I looked around the net and did not find anyone who has yet. I found a couple of pcm s that I looked into that are successfully running many other CR engines.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just doing a little research. Has anyone heard of or seen a 6.7 ran with a stand alone yet? In case someone ever wanted to put one in a dedicated puller or boat or generator etc etc... I looked around the net and did not find anyone who has yet. I found a couple of pcm s that I looked into that are successfully running many other CR engines.

i haven't heard of anyone , yet . not sure how one would go about such an enviable task .

dsberman94

Reaction score
Snyder performance engineering just put one in a drag rail. Not sure what type of computer systems they used, but it runs.

superpsd

Reaction score
I went and found that video of their official startup. Looks like that might be the ecu next to the laptop but the video is too blury to make it out. From the color it may be one of the two that seem to be at the top of the list for an aftermarket CR ecu.

superpsd

Reaction score
The Bosch price tag is severlely inflated from what I had read. The Adaptronic seems to be a good one. There are a few older diesels converted to CR using the Adaptroic 1280DI. There are at least 10 more companies and probably more than that but most in Europe that don't seem to have any US distributors. Also the lower end ECUs seem to lack all the bells and whistles the Bosch and Adaptronic have like 8+ cylinders VGT control, onboard simulation and oscilloscope for diagnostics, pilot injection, and up to 12 injector drivers. There are a few competition trucks with big power in Europe with the Adaptronic and I read that the software was very user friendly which would be a huge plus. I am unsure if you can even get the Adaptronic here.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
I found a stand alone that a few of the Cummins guys are running on pull trucks. Price is about half the Bosch unit. It will run up to 8 cylinder and has lots of options. I have not messed with CR yet so I am just digging up all the pdf files that are out there on the 6.7s Bosch piezo/cp4 system. As long as it could control the VCV and PCV I think you could get it to work no problem.

Also when swamps commonrailed the 7.3 they used a 7.3 pcm and 6.4 stuff would be nice to know how they accomplished that. However I assume the 6.7s factory pcm has individual PWM control over each injector based on the injector flow information fed to the PCM by the codes on the sticks. That might be an issue using a pcm that outputs the same PW to each injector. Also I don't see how you they could do pilot injection. I assume and from the sound of the 7.3 common rail there was no pilot injection.

I have noticed the price for complete 6.7s is starting to come down. I may go look at one here soon as the price seems like a good deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online