Steering wheel to the right

cooper09250

Reaction score
I just had my truck aligned and the steering wheel goes to the right. I saw a post on how to correct this? Help it's driving me crazy

Spatel23

Reaction score
what do you mean it "goes to the right" ?

If you are saying that while driving straight, the steering wheel actually look as if you are turning right you need to adjust the drag link.

I cant find a picture, but its on the passenger side. Looks like a turn buckle. Its got 2 nuts you need to loosen (11mm I think) and you will then turn it until the steering wheel is straight. Once you are happy with the steering wheel orientation lock it back down.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Took a pic of mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406723455.074805.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
whs^^^

unless he means its actually pulling to the right then it depends on how hard it is pulling.. these new trucks are so fuggin sensitive to the crown of the road its not even funny. I thought mine was out of wack and had it aligned and it was spot on. I can drive on the right side of the road and it will slowly drift right. if I go into the leaft lane like I am passing someone then it slowly drifts left..

live life full throttle

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I've had the same experience as lincolnlocker. It tugs a lot when there a ruts in the road from heavy truck traffic as well. Hold on!

carcare

Reaction score
Make sure the align specs have at least 2degree caster. Usually should be .5-1.0 higher on rite. I put a level kit on mine and blocks. Technically caster was within spec but way too low. Almost 0. That gives u high speed instability and loose steering. On non pwr steer car it is exactly opposite . The steering wheel adjust yes what u do I set wheels straight ahead . Loosen both 15 mm nuts and the 13mm jam rod. Spray w pb n work it with a buddy looking at wheel in truck. As u spin u will be going the right way or wrong. Re-check. When straight drive and fine tune. This has absolutely nothing to do with actual alignment but is performed after align done is just part of the service. Sometimes can be a pain to get the sleeve movin. Dnt squeeze too hard on sleeve by slot of it will bind rite away. Lemme knw if I can help more . Get a printout of the align when done and check caster. Post and I will look over it. I had to put in 2degree cams to make mine rite. I have since done 3 exact trucks and rite off the bat it was same scenario. I dnt work on diesels per say but got a run of em after people saw my truck.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
i too have this problem. i just had my front end re aligned and castor adjusted after putting my leveling kit on about 4 weeks ago. Then i bought some ready lift 4 inch blocks about 2 weeks ago to make it level and so i can run very low pressure in my airbags and after putting the blocks in, my steering wheel is to the right! and my steering was perfect before the blocks. Does anyone have some insight? sorry for the thread jack but i didnt want to start a new one when this one is related to my problem.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I have this also!
all new fontend and tires and its been check and OKed twice for alignment issues. It stays driving straight (pending good roads) just the steering wheel is of to the right. But I believe the drag link adjustment will correct my problem.
Added to the Saturday list.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
i too have this problem. i just had my front end re aligned and castor adjusted after putting my leveling kit on about 4 weeks ago. Then i bought some ready lift 4 inch blocks about 2 weeks ago to make it level and so i can run very low pressure in my airbags and after putting the blocks in, my steering wheel is to the right! and my steering was perfect before the blocks. Does anyone have some insight? sorry for the thread jack but i didnt want to start a new one when this one is related to my problem.

You didn't get the rear axle aligned properly when you put the blocks in. If it's very far off your truck will run down the road slightly sideways.

cooper09250

Reaction score
I'll post my alignment. It's not the rode I tried it in a parking lot but your right they are sensitive

carcare

Reaction score
Just because the truck drives straight doesn't mean it's rite. Hell it can drive straight and wheel be straight and still not be rite. It comes down to drive ability (meaning how responsive /darty etc) this is wher a real front end tech steps in. Green does not always mean good. I'm trying to help and I guarantee I can walk u thru the problem but I need numbers. What is the caster reading?? I had problems and still do keeping wheel straight as fords drag link design has been an issue for a lot of years now. I found that u need to tighten the piss out of the trac bar bolt as we'll. and bushings need to be tight! Post some numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online