Stock or 155 injectors

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Truck is a manual with a power max and innovative tuning.

Need some opinions on what injectors to go with and why. Warren has been impressing me with the massive injectors and I see his rebuilt injector price is very reasonable

Let me know. I don't keep much up on 6.0 stuff

TyCorr

Reaction score
Will 6l run without tuning upgrades or are they dependent on exact tuning per specific injector sizes and nozzle capacity?

04 f350

Reaction score
Tuning is key when it comes to the 6 liter. Especially when your runnin aftermarket injectors and chargers to get the most out of each, throwing somthing in there while runnin stock tuning the performance will be greatly decreased.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
What are the goals with the truck? I think 170/30 would overpower a "stock" powermax, maybe with a billet wheel. If you have every intention of staying with the powermax and want to keep the truck able to tow, I say go with the 155's, with either stock nozzles or 30's.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I've got a few guys that run 155/30s, DD, and towing 20K. I've been very impressed with their power output. Basically a stock turbo with WW2.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Somebody talk some sense into me. I don't need a new truck but something newer. Im hung up on a cclb 05-07 6l. Is this a horrible idea for something to keep around for when you need a truck?

im not doing a 6.4. Bad news. No more dmaxes.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
As long as you don't let it set forever so the turbo gets sticky. I miss my old 6.0 every day. I'm thinking when the time comes, this one will go down the road for a half ton and I'll get a 6.0.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its a friend of a friend, He wants a little more but nothing crazy. I think a reg return and and lift pump might be more than he wants to do. The truck isn't studded either. However I am always one to advocate larger injector less pw as long as the bottom end can stay clean

HE will tow a 12,000 lb camper every once and awhile.

johnp115

Reaction score
Somebody talk some sense into me. I don't need a new truck but something newer. Im hung up on a cclb 05-07 6l. Is this a horrible idea for something to keep around for when you need a truck?

im not doing a 6.4. Bad news. No more dmaxes.

Nothing wrong. I just went from a 6.0 to 6.4 back to a 6.0 now. This sunday ill finally get to see/drive the truck but i know ill be happy. Yes theryre problematic but its all the same "simple" stuff nothing really bad.

johnp115

Reaction score
Im curious as to who's injectors to run also. My old 6.0 had warren rebuilt 190/stock nozzles but i didn't make it a year before the spool valves started sticking and they acted up on the top end. Cant beat the price though

Stroker04

Reaction score
Jesse has been building injectors for a long time now...I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set...

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
Yeah, forsure. Im sure if i did again my experience would be better. I just know my spool valves were sticking after about a year and all of the o-rings used on the top of injector, where the oil rail sits were either the wrong thickness/were too soft. They all got ate up and caused a horrible warm start problem.

Not that big of a deal though because they performed awesome.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Yeah, forsure. Im sure if i did again my experience would be better. I just know my spool valves were sticking after about a year and all of the o-rings used on the top of injector, where the oil rail sits were either the wrong thickness/were too soft. They all got ate up and caused a horrible warm start problem.

Not that big of a deal though because they performed awesome.
I know he did have issues with those orings from wherever company he outsourced them from. That was a good while ago though I believe.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah I was a little worried about Warrens at first but from the sounds of it they are fixed now.

bri_grogs

Reaction score
Its a friend of a friend, He wants a little more but nothing crazy. I think a reg return and and lift pump might be more than he wants to do. The truck isn't studded either. However I am always one to advocate larger injector less pw as long as the bottom end can stay clean

HE will tow a 12,000 lb camper every once and awhile.

Ive had Warren 155/30's and a Powermax on my truck for about 3,000 miles now. I had the headgaskets and RR done at the same time. My stock fuel pump couldn't keep up with the tune I had on the truck (Looney Wild). Id see fuel pressure well below 45, and at less than WOT. I just put a FASS on the truck. It is a hell of a lot of fun to drive!

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
I would go with 155/stock or 175/stock with that turbo. And i would definitely do RR, lift pump, and studs. Warren would be the company to go with if you ask me. For an extra $400 they'll do upgraded solenoids

Latest posts

Members online