Stupid complete noob question

ChalksOut

Reaction score
Ok so please forgive my ignorance. But completely new to diesel. Just picked up a 2011 f250 with a 6.7. Needed more truck to pull the toys that the family has.
Anyhow the question is we are in northern florida, temps do get in the 20's and sometime lower (I know this is not cold to any standard). With the temps coming down expected upper twenties here, do I need to add any treatment to prevent gelling?
Granted it is only dropping down for about 8 or so hours so wasn't too sure? Better to ask a stupid question and find out for sure then dork up my fuel lines.

TIA

WHY NOT

Reaction score
For a few bucks a bottle its better to be safe than sorry and run an anti gel. For the rest of the year I run a fuel treatment with cetain booster when its not cold out.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Yes, play it safe. I recommend Howe's diesel additive that can be purchased just about any parts store or truck stop. Only thing I run from Semi trucks to diesel pick-ups when its gets below 30* out.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I run the anti-gel from Ford in my truck at each tank and it's been in the single digits here at night the past few nights. Definitely worth it!

RedRice589

Reaction score
Ok so please forgive my ignorance. But completely new to diesel. Just picked up a 2011 f250 with a 6.7. Needed more truck to pull the toys that the family has.
Anyhow the question is we are in northern florida, temps do get in the 20's and sometime lower (I know this is not cold to any standard). With the temps coming down expected upper twenties here, do I need to add any treatment to prevent gelling?
Granted it is only dropping down for about 8 or so hours so wasn't too sure? Better to ask a stupid question and find out for sure then dork up my fuel lines.

TIA

Doubt you'lol have problems but you can use a bottle if you want.

Latest posts

Members online