Supercharged 6.0 project "Road Rager"

Wayne

Reaction score
My machinist wanted to try making a casting to save on cost because the block I need to start with is fairly large, then machine if from there. He's having issues with purging all the air during the casting process. I don't want that to be an issue, so I'll be picking up a billet tomorrow for the crank pulley. I'm also working on a few other changes I'll post more about when finished. I really need this to be a completely trouble free setup, so refining the design is taking a bit. Another time related excuse I've got is the dealership I work at has me doing a ton of training lately. 2 weeks from tomorrow I will have spent 3 out of 5 weeks in ford training classes out of state working on my master's certification, so that's a little more concentrated training than usual, slowing down things. It is coming though. With any luck, I should have a reasonable update by next weekend.

Wayne

Reaction score
it has been a very painfully long wait on my pulley. It still needs to lose a little weight then have the teeth cut. I'm looking at another week or so I'm told until it's totally done. It'll probably be a solid 2 more weeks if things continue as they have. I will definitely be finding a faster solution for the next round if a project I'm looking at works out.

pic of status on the link.

https://www.facebook.com/strokeworks/photos/a.1658550804389090.1073741829.1658477327729771/1659824690928368/?type=3&theater

Wayne

Reaction score
2 weeke..... LOL Oh, well. hopefully back to melting tires in the next week or so.
921242_1675722569338580_8383071673779484062_o.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
I still am working on kinks with the truck, including a direct clutch engagement concern on the trans at part throttle, it's hard to get smoke out of it unless it's cruising below 1500 rpm's with the converter locked, and it's a full fuel tune. At 1500 rpm's cruising, I have instant throttle response, constant 7-10 psi boost, and at WOT near red line I'm seeing more boost into the turbo than I expected. 300/150 conventional injectors, and smoke free. Lots of testing still to do, but so far, I'm not disappointed.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Danny, if you want one, I'm sure we can work something out LOL. I suspect the shift problem is a torn seal on the direct clutch apply piston. Regardless, it's very slow to engage unless line pressure is maxed out. I checked the fluid, and there's a little junk in the pan, but not end of the world. Before this is all over I suspect I'll be freshening up the trans, but no big deal really.

Wayne

Reaction score
If I get a chance before delivery to the owner I will, but it's unlikely. I need it to be perfect before he takes it as he lives 2200 miles away. I do plan on hitting the dyno with it though. I was hoping to have some video of it doing some WOT pulls from an idle, but one of the IC boots has torn twice. I hope adding flexibility will take care of it since it's going from a rigid pipe to the intercooler. If that one tears, I'll have to get more creative. It usually blows apart at about 70# of boost when the converter locks. Trans is also coming out now to fix the 3-5 shift delay, so just a little more time, and we can have some fun with it.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
So 300/150s..... wayne what's your thoughts on this whole intensifier spring stretch in large conventionals?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
We want to get the cleanest burn we can, so we went conventional to keep up fuel pressure at the nozzle. If this proves unreliable, we will switch out to the largest hybrid the pump can support. RCD spoke very confidently in the injectors lasting a long time, so I guess we'll see. This current injector is supposed to be the largest the thumper II can support at full rail pressure on a full fuel tune. We threw in bob's HPODS as well in hopes of that helping. If these injectors die before what we consider a reasonable amount of time, we'll switch to the largest hybrids the oil system can support. It already has an overkill fuel supply system, so no worries there, and it burns super clean at WOT, so more fuel would be welcome. Word is this truck will never have nitrous. I doubt I'd bother either if I used the truck like he intends.

Latest posts

Members online