Supercharged compounds. If I only had a brain (and deep pockets)

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
magu6y8a.jpg

They've been doing turbo supercharger set ups for years on boats. The supercharger has a clutch on it like a/c compressor. Then there is a check valve on the air box. Might not look cool but it works well. Supercharger. For low end to spool turbo then when a certain boost is reached supercharger shuts off and turbo takes over.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

yep, volvo penta if I'm not mistaken... had several of those go boom over the years. A truly disposable engine! Take the same setup and put it on a yanmar however, and you get a reliable motor.

swinky

Reaction score
6v92 is turbo and supercharged as well. Once the turbo hits 15psi it takes over.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Danny's punished truck was awesome with the procharger.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yep, ive watched his vids and pm'd him a time or two on his thoughts of it.. a lot of guys are against it. I honestly think that it would be an ideal setup for a truck with a zf6.

I had a pro charged 6.0 once. It was a serious blast to drive. I wish I still had that set up. Instant boost
Everyone that has had one says the same thing but nobody keeps them. I know a lot of guys had issues with belts and I guess they are a pita on a 6.0 but I guess they are the opposite on a 7.3 so I dont get why it wouldnt be more popular.

live life full throttle

swinky

Reaction score
Yep, ive watched his vids and pm'd him a time or two on his thoughts of it.. a lot of guys are against it. I honestly think that it would be an ideal setup for a truck with a zf6.

Everyone that has had one says the same thing but nobody keeps them. I know a lot of guys had issues with belts and I guess they are a pita on a 6.0 but I guess they are the opposite on a 7.3 so I dont get why it wouldnt be more popular.

live life full throttle

It would be a rod breaker. Danny lost the bottom end on the punisher truck I think.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Top end wasnt there for me. So I went compounds. I was also racing my superduty then so top end was all I wanted. Looking back now it was probably injector issues. But too late now. I had belt issues and that sucked. Throw a cog belt and you were down for a good 1.5-2hrs if you tool all the right tools needed to change it (it was alot) so that sucked

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It would be a rod breaker. Danny lost the bottom end on the punisher truck I think.

Didnt hear of that one I guess.

Top end wasnt there for me. So I went compounds. I was also racing my superduty then so top end was all I wanted. Looking back now it was probably injector issues. But too late now. I had belt issues and that sucked. Throw a cog belt and you were down for a good 1.5-2hrs if you tool all the right tools needed to change it (it was alot) so that sucked

Yep that would suck! Can they be made with a a/c type clutch so that it can have instant spool for a big single and then the big single take over or would that hinder top end cuz it would be trying trying to suck air through the pro/super charger?

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I ran a procharger on my 6.4 years ago, and the set up just never worked right. The main thing it needed was a cogged set up right to the crank pulley and it needed to be driven 25 percent over what procharger recomends for RPM. Then i think it would have worked well, i also think that i should have ran a smaller turbo like a 64mm in the valley and fed that thing as much air as possible.

I agree with allot of the posts that there are plenty of turbo set ups that work well and spool fast out there so it might be pointless

No one has tried stock turbos with a procharger, personally i think it would be a blast to drive, i dont think it will make GREAT power but it would drive like nothing else on the street

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Dustin what haven't you ran on your truck? Jeez between oprah and your drag truck you had to have ran every type of forced air setup out there!:poke: I think we need to change your name on here to boost whoreLOL

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I can. It speak for the lag issue in upgraded turbos. I have stock. But I personally don't want dual fuelers and everything that goes along with that. I love the power and know there is more out there to be had. But I want major low end torque and useful power. From idle to say 3000 rpm. And generally I keep it down around 1800 on the highways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.