Sway Bars

tbsimmons

Reaction score
WTF Ford on a dually. I have seen bigger on cars with 25% of the weight.
Stock bars .950 that is $hit.
New one 1.3125
Think I found the sway problem.
91677b35fcdaeba61ea035c05b82abd7.jpg

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have the same Hellwig Big Wig on the front of mine and added their rear bar since mine didn't come with one. All my trucks for the last 15 years have had Hellwigs....some of the best money you can spend IMHO.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yep front and rear. I had the Hellwig bars on my Impala.
I didn't put ones in the 450 because they were huge. The back is just as small.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
On the back it is the adjustable one. It has less bends so it should be much stiffer which for the fiver will work out great.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My rear bar is shaped different...it goes over the front of the differential. Still adjustable. I set it all the way forward...or soft. On my 04 2wd with it set full stiff it actually induced understeer. I like a touch of oversteer...the soft setting feels great to me.

jcain

Reaction score
Guess I didnt notice sway on either truck. O e had 3link and bags/trac bars and the dually is stock.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Guess I need to order up a front bar. I got the rear Helwig installed using the middle setting. It just drives SO much better in the turns.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I noticed right when I drove the truck coming from the 450 then pulling the trailer it was bad in the front. The rear I could not tell because the front was so bad. My truck is the 14000 GVWR one also. When I looked up sway bar sizes the SRW trucks get bigger ones which makes no sense to me.

The shape might be because of being a dually, the numbers are different. The end links were a PIA. Had to use a propane torch on them. An impact wouldn't break them free. Also had to drop the DEF tank some to get the top bolt for the end link out. The new end links are adjustable to get the bar level which I thought was a great idea.
The front I am going to have to call Hellwig. The holes drilled in the bar are bigger than the end links so there is some slop.

Also on the new trucks can someone check the front end links for me please. Mine have two ball joints in them. Never seen that before on a sway bar.

The bars are
Front - 7712
Rear - 7294

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
My factory rear sway bar goes in front of the rear diff cover, and looks ugly, and it's SMALL.

Unbroken, yours goes inside the axle????

Also, my front links have 2 ball joints aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have the same Hellwig Big Wig on the front of mine and added their rear bar since mine didn't come with one. All my trucks for the last 15 years have had Hellwigs....some of the best money you can spend IMHO.

I added them to Mine too....I completely Agree

tbsimmons

Reaction score
My factory rear sway bar goes in front of the rear diff cover, and looks ugly, and it's SMALL.

Unbroken, yours goes inside the axle????

Also, my front links have 2 ball joints aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounds like the SRW trucks the rear bar goes on the front side of the rear axle and up over the pinion.
On my dually it is under the axle.
Mine bolts to the bottom of the shock mounts.

Thanks for the front end link response.

Notneb

Reaction score
Any point in upgrading these for desert bombing? I know most slow off roading involves disconnecting sway bars for the articulation, but for high speed rough roads...?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
On the Hellwig rear sway bars, they are two different part numbers. One for a SRW and one for a DRW.

Swapped out the rear bar on my dually for the Hellwig....huge difference in size. Getting to the driver side end link was PITA, had to partially drop the DEF tank.

Anyone recommend which hole to use on the bar?

Giving the OEM rear bar to my buddy with a '15 F250 CCSB with a 6.2. His truck doesnt have a rear bar. Just have to confirm the end link lengths are the same.

Billy T.
[email protected]

ford rules

Reaction score
Any point in upgrading these for desert bombing? I know most slow off roading involves disconnecting sway bars for the articulation, but for high speed rough roads...?

Yes it should help for sure!

Disconnects are used to not hinder articulation, but a good aftermarket setup wont do that anyways. Most desert truck and or go fast buggies will run something along the lines of this.http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspensi...m_term=1100908438699&utm_content=All Products

TrickTruck

Reaction score
you have any pics installed? I'd like to get these for towing my toyhauler, but am concerned it won't fit with the airbags and the (still pending) traction bars.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
you have any pics installed? I'd like to get these for towing my toyhauler, but am concerned it won't fit with the airbags and the (still pending) traction bars.

I know the dually axle is different but I wonder if the under the axle dually bar would work on a srw to not get in the way. I was thinking same thing as you. I don't have any of the air bag or traction blocks with bag mounts here yet, I was waiting to order sway bar until I could get it all infront of me at once just in case it didn't fit.

How do the dually bars mount to the axle? with u bolts and clamps or to a bracket on axle itself?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.