T/C

under pressure

Reaction score
Anyone still selling the modified 6.0 converter to fit the 4R100.
I remember it was very popular back in the day !
What happend to that fad ?

range91

Reaction score
I use them every time I build a 4r behind a 7.3 my customers love them.. I use buckeye precision they are a small company top notch quality

dustinz85

Reaction score
I use them every time I build a 4r behind a 7.3 my customers love them.. I use buckeye precision they are a small company top notch quality

The guy that built my trans used the exact same TC I was questioning it when he said about using a modded 6.0 TC but I did some searching and everything I found was good things about them. So far I've had no problems with mine.

Sent from my DROID X2

under pressure

Reaction score
Thanks, ill check.

My financially based options are.

Roadrunner billet single
Racerx prowler
6.0 ?

under pressure

Reaction score
RR billet single.......600hp..............350$
RR billet triple........750hp..............450$
Racerx prowler......400hp..............485$
Custom 6.0.............400+................650$
DPC single..............500..................795$

So heres what ive came up with for entry priced performace converters..
Lets see what ranger91 responds with ?

range91

Reaction score
I'll let u know 4 sure price tomorrow I have to look at work what we can get them for but I do believe the 450$ is close... The most power that I seen through the buckeye precision 6.0 converter was around 450-500... It was a early 99 with 238 hybrids and a 38r it held up for 2 years before the guy sold the truck

range91

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't run a single disc just not enough surface area to hold lockup especially if u r going to be towing

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
RR billet single.......600hp..............350$
RR billet triple........750hp..............450$
Racerx prowler......400hp..............485$
Custom 6.0.............400+................650$
DPC single..............500..................795$

So heres what ive came up with for entry priced performace converters..
Lets see what ranger91 responds with ?

Yeah, your dpc info isn't correct. The dpc standard tc for a 4r is a triple disc and I just found it for $695 from a reputable site. Also straight from the dpc website,triple discs are rated up to 750, singles up to 500. Also I don't see any point in a tc that'll only handle 400ish, I'd just run a stock at that power. You can also have a lifetime warranty on the dpc.

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
I believe i looked at the info wrong, not sure what im reading, its pointing twords a single costing 1200 $ and only rated at 500 hp and a standard triple is rated at 750 hp at 795$. Seems ass backwards why a single cost almost twice as much.
, As far as a stock converter, it cant handle what lil power ive thrown at it and is showing its age. The stock converter is the weakest link in any thing over stock hp. i may try a 6.0 converter if i can get a good price.
But i think I'll go read all the warranties too, Thanks

DPC triple only 3 year warranty
DPC single omly 1 year warranty

RacerX triple, prowler, 1 year warranty

RR single, 1 year warranty
RR triple, 2 year warranty

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
Roadrunner is very popular in AZ as there based in phoenix, many of the local shops use them for there mild performance rebuild. I emailed them for the hp specs, the numbers listed are from that email. They also make a quad disk, BadBoy converter rated for 800+ hp.
I no of a few that run the towmaster, no issues twing cross country, and a chick running around on 38s with just a tuned truck told me its a night and day difference rolling them wheels from a stop.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ya i've heard good things about the road runner, but only know of a few folks running them. When I emailed RR, they seemed very confident in their abilities and the warranty was great too.

Latest posts

Members online