t4 up pipes with "factory" egr cooler.

slc6oh

Reaction score
come spring im going with a t4 setup. my factory egr cooler is currently ummmm, COUGH welded shut COUGH...

don't need anyone's lectures. but my state requires diesel emissions in my county and has to pass a visual inspection. Just makes life a lot easier come emissions time , and not having to "tip" anyone to ignore that is nice.

But as for the t4 up pipes go, as long as I have the bolt through the intake manifold into the egr cooler, and everything else how it should be .

does anyone see any reason not having the rear exhaust connection to the up pipe would cause any beef? assuming all is water/exhaust tight of course.

or maybe I weld a dummy flange to the new up pipe?

anyone done anything like this?

Strokethis213

Reaction score
I don't think they look that hard for that I I still have the cooler and valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Most emissions guys dont have a clue what they are looking at. My cooler is the same as yours, but i have a buddy with a full ******, with the egr valve still on. Emissions doesnt notice no cooler or changed up pipe.

slc6oh

Reaction score
I agree, I know im giving em lots of credit, suckers buried in there, but Just my Luck kinda think ya know?

my last little toy was a twinned 98 mustang, and as long as they could plug into it, and nothing failed on the electronic side of things I was good to go, I had an in at the time
though so the fact that it didn't have cats, or egr, or evap was getting ignored.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Theres a few company's out there that build t4 up pipes with egr provision so you can run a cooler for emissions purposes

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I talked to Matt at cutting edge about that once and he said he could weld on the piece just so you could clamp it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
t4 up pipes with "factory" egr cooler.

Just have someone build you t4 up pipes that use the oem egr branch tube

slc6oh

Reaction score
my buddie here in slc, has an engine sitting and wants to build up pipes, maybe I get more involved in the t4 up pipe plans.