Taking my 2010 down from 8" to 4-5"

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I currently have an Icon 4-Link 8" with adjustable track bar up front on my truck and OUO Traction Blocks out back. My question is what all would be involved to take the truck down to 4-5" of lift and retain the proper geometry. I would really like to reuse as much of my current suspension as possible while retaining the amazing ride it has. Thanks for the answers!

Pic for reference...
IMG_0004_zpsb55cfec6.jpg

Diesel23

Reaction score
Nice Looking rig , I believe you could use alot of the parts , up front you will need new coils springs , I think that the 4 link will not work for you though at that height , you may have to get into a 3 link ? as 4-5" is border line for whats perffered , as for the back you should just need to get oppropriate size/height blocks to switch out for what you have in there now , Good Luck

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and compliment! My question definitely revolves around the 4-Link. I do know that some have them that low so I believe they will work but would like to hear from someone who has done the same thing. I also don't want it to push the axle too far forward or not be able to center the axle and have the drag link and track bar angles correct haha. I'm probably over thinking things!

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Shone, do you think the link arms are the same length for the 4.5 kit as the 7 kit? I emailed them over a month ago with no reply. haha.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I do think they are the same.

Id call Truck Toyz, theyll answer the phone and any questions you may have.
You may have to hold a bit, but youll get answers.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Hadn't thought of that! I will do that for sure, come to think of it thats where the OUO bars came from. Thanks man!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
the 4 link should be the same as my 4 link kit has adjustable end joints so they are basically all the way in for my 4.5" lift and you would adjust them out for the bigger lifts.

this is my .02 i would deff call and ask a professional tho.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Don't forget different shocks.
Icon told me my shocks wouldn't work when I wanted to go down to
4.5"

I figured at minimum they would need to be re-valved. Thanks for the heads up on them not working at all!

the 4 link should be the same as my 4 link kit has adjustable end joints so they are basically all the way in for my 4.5" lift and you would adjust them out for the bigger lifts.

this is my .02 i would deff call and ask a professional tho.

Mine does have the adjustable ends, just not sure if they adjust far enough for proper centering of the axle. I will have to call someone since Icon is kind of hard to get a hold of. Thanks!

SAK

Reaction score
The only thing that you will be able to reuse would be the 4 link and traction bars. The 4 link can be adjusted to work at 4.5" and you can adjust the traction bar to work with a new traction block. You can "trade" in the current block you have for a small fee.

What size block do you have right now? What shocks?

If you have any other questions just ask.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

B.Warning

Reaction score
You could also call Jared @ River City.Diesel. He's a icon guru and carries a lot of icon parts in house. He'll set you up right and is easy to get ahold of.

edit...treed by SAK

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I'm glad you found this thread SAK, I currently have an 8" block with the 5 degree pinion change in it. The shocks are just a standard mono-tube shock from Icon, nothing fancy. Would the track bar mount need to be changed out? I do have Icons adjustable track bar but not sure how much ground it would cover.

SAK

Reaction score
The adjustable track bar can stay, the drop bracket will have to be replaced by a stock one. you will also have to put different shocks on as those are going to be too long. like I said before you can trade out the blocks with Dave at OUO for another size you just have to pay a fee.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
The adjustable track bar can stay, the drop bracket will have to be replaced by a stock one. you will also have to put different shocks on as those are going to be too long. like I said before you can trade out the blocks with Dave at OUO for another size you just have to pay a fee.

Thanks for the help SAK, when I get it together to bring it down in size I will be giving you a call. You were great to work with when I bought the OUO bars.

bout time you got rid of that big ass lift!! lol time to race it :evil

I wouldn't go that far man! haha. It may see a trip or two down the 1320 once its down in size. Its still going to be turning some heavy rolling stock LOL

JDub

Reaction score
Let me know if here is anything I can do to help Nick. Truck will look great down at 4.5", I think its badass where it is. But I can understand why you want to go lower.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
gonna try and keep the 37's or go 35's like me?.

I'm thinking a 22 and a 36", kinda like V-Ice. Are you actually gonna take big blue down the track with me this year man?

Let me know if here is anything I can do to help Nick. Truck will look great down at 4.5", I think its badass where it is. But I can understand why you want to go lower.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Jacob! When I go to do something I will give you a call. I need to wear these 38s out first then its on! I've really enjoyed the truck at 8" but its a bit too much LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.