The "Butt-Hurt" build.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Figured I would start a thread about our new project were starting this week at the shop. It's time to change up the set-up with my 2007 F250 with drag racing as our primary focus. We've chosen to build up the 6.0 over our 6.4 for a fee different reasons, mostly because our part of the country is over run with high HP 6.4's and common rail Cummins and I like to be different. But one biggest reasons is the response you get from a Cummins owner when they are beaten by a Powerstroke, even worst if that Powerstroke is a 6.0! A friend of mine used the term "butt-hurt" to describe there attitude about losing to a Powerstroke, so I'm calling this the Butt-Hurt build.
The current set up is not bad as it is, it features 175/75 injectors, regulated return, a MTW Madd Max 66mm Vgt turbo, PHP FICM tuning and our stage 2 trans with a Suncoast convertor. To date the best ET it's ran is a 8.06 1/8th mile at 83mph, I have not ran 1/4 mile with this set up or dynoed it with it's current tuning. The new build starts with a 90k mile core short block. It will be receiving the following:
Block bored .020, line honed and decked to .000
Rebuilt o-ringed cylinder heads with Hamiltion cams valve spring.
Colt Cams stage 2 camshaft
De-lipped, fly cut Mahle pistons.
Carrillo rods.
Hamilton HD pushrods.
Ported intake from a un-named source.
225/100 Injectors
Warren Diesel big oil dual HPOP system
MTW stage 4 Vgt turbo.
DHDP heavy duty up pipes.
DPC quad clutch torque convertor

The truck has already been lowered back to stock height with all rear blocks removed after being leveled on 35's. It now sports 305/50R20 Nitto 420's and will be getting 4800lb coil springs and traction bars, I'm undecided on who bars I will use still.
The goal is to have the build completed by the PHP events on October 17/18. I won't be able to make it to Rudy's the week before due to a family reunion in Tennessee that weekend. I'll post progress pics as it all comes together.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
Going to stay with a VGT, again to be different and also to see how far we can take a single VGT. We all know what big -non VGT can do so I want to push the Vgt envelope further.

swinky

Reaction score
That might be good for low 12s. I liked everything until the turbo and injectors. If it's a "race" truck then I'd get more aggressive on the turbo/injector combo.

RedRice589

Reaction score
That might be good for low 12s. I liked everything until the turbo and injectors. If it's a "race" truck then I'd get more aggressive on the turbo/injector combo.

That's what he said it had on it now. He said it's going bigger..... :swordfight: pay attention pekker head.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
A race oriented street truck . Sorry, I should have said that in the opening post. While not quite a daily driver anymore it will still see the street a good bit.

swinky

Reaction score
i would go non VGT route if this is going to be a "race truck" and throw some nitrous in the mix
This guy has an s371 for sale that will get you in the 11s
A race oriented street truck . Sorry, I should have said that in the opening post. While not quite a daily driver anymore it will still see the street a good bit.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
I'm sticking with a VGT for now. If I can't get the results I want then I'll consider changing it up again. Like I said , I want to see how far I can push a large VGT turbo.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
MTW stage 4 seems to be pretty nasty for vgt

hopefully the stage 4 will work for u.......... still dont see low 12s with out some spray. good luck!! ill keep an eye on it
.i honestly wouldnt spend the money on the rods with that set up unless u got plenny money
sold the turbo swink!!

Last edited:

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
hopefully the stage 4 will work for u.......... still dont see low 12s with out some spray. good luck!! ill keep an eye on it

.i honestly wouldnt spend the money on the rods with that set up unless u got plenny money

sold the turbo swink!!

I didn't say wouldn't spray it. We'll see how it does on fuel then maybe a stage of spray for good measure.

Latest posts

Members online