the "deployment" build

Twisted Excursion

Reaction score
I can get you the input shaft and torque converter here as well, or we can rebuild trans for you while your gone.

Reaction score
We will more than likely go with the 362 FMW but I wanted to do a little more investigating before we pulled the trigger on that turbo right away. Josh I will be giving you a call back shortly here, just waiting on a call back from a vendor of mine.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Glad you saw the thread Mike.

I know it probably seems wierd to a lot of folks that im planning this thing out a bit in advance but i need to have time to get things nailed down the the shop and be able to plan the money while on deployment. I wont be much help while floating in the gulf since conevtivity is crap and i probably wont be able to get on the forums much. My wife Candace is going to be the one talking with and dealing with Mike and she doesnt know a lot about diesel trucks so asking her questions is going to be something like this. They ask a question, she emails me and waits for a response. I greatly appriciate everybody helping on deciding what will be best for the truck and esspecialy thank Mike' Diesel Performance for saying they dont mind doing it while im on deployment.

Back to build thread:

Since im going with a Non VGT turbo i know ill need up pipes (probably going to go with divided) but what else DO i need? And what stuff would greatly help?

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So i just remembered that i have a coolant return like kit or what ever its called sitting in the garage. Anybody ever use one? Goods/bads of them?

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So just had a great talk with Marty from Marty's diesel performance. Not sure how we went from talking about his fuel system (which I'll be running the entire A1000 setup on my truck) to turbo setups but we did. He recommended running 190/100% injectors and divided t4 uppipes with a s464 divided t4 flange. He gave me some very encouraging words about this setup. What y'all think? Yes I know I'm changing things up a little but hey that's why I'm doing a keyboard build before I buy. I want the best with what I can spend. I'm learning lots by doing this too.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
I was thinking of the s464 mostly because its an all v band setup and would be easyer for you to install. Like i said before im no good at matching turbo to injectors so ill go with what you think is best. I know that Marty had said last night to make dang sure what ever turbo setup i do go with that its is run with divided t4 uppipes and a divided housing on the turbo as well as that make a big difference in spool up. He also suggested going with the 190/100 injectors. Whats your thoughts on this Mike?

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Ok so major change of plans. Lol. New mod list

Stage 3 barder turbo
Bullet proof diesel oil cooler setup
Bullet proof diesel oil bypass
190/100 or 190/75 injectors
Studs and gaskets

Hoping for a fun running street truck. Anybody have opinions of warren injectors?

Also thinking of doing a 1650 stall torque converter and a shift kit. (Twisted diesel any input on this? )

swinky

Reaction score
Barder- Great, not a single person on here has had a negative thing to say about James.

Warren- I'm getting injectors from them but if budget allows I'd go rcd.

Heard great things about twisted as well. I haven't personally dealt with any of them yet, just what I've noticed from snooping around.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.