Thinking I have axle wrap...badly

Jomax

Reaction score
my 2015 is smooth as butter. They did change to a single rear drive shaft for the 2015s. maybe they changed it sooner, don't really know.

On my 99 it had 4in rear blocks and a front leveling kit. If i towed with my Gooseneck dump trailer, where the trailer took most of the load, the truck would barely squat and I'd have no vibration. Once the suspension would compresses with a heavy load with alot of tongue weight, truck would vibrate taking off. My take is the u joints are binding a bit.

Cknox121

Reaction score
This isn't a vibration though. More of a shake. Any who, soon as I get my bars I'll let you guys know.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I don't think your issue is axle wrap. Sounds like your issue is flex in the trailer. I had the same issue with a lighter duty (12k gvw) enclosed gooseneck I use to have. With the touchy throttle of my 6.4 it was really easy to have a little bump of the throttle turn into the whole truck shacking badly. If you could imagine the goosneck pin flexing front to back. Even a small bump can start it. When I got my new heavy duty (21k gvw tri axle) enclosed I could not make it do it if I tried. No change in the truck. Truck had traction bars the whole time. Other then trying to brace the trailer gooseneck there is not much of a fix. Traction bars may help the giant circle jerk that it is. Being smooth on the throttle or just letting off when it starts is the best case.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I don't think your issue is axle wrap. Sounds like your issue is flex in the trailer. I had the same issue with a lighter duty (12k gvw) enclosed gooseneck I use to have. With the touchy throttle of my 6.4 it was really easy to have a little bump of the throttle turn into the whole truck shacking badly. If you could imagine the goosneck pin flexing front to back. Even a small bump can start it. When I got my new heavy duty (21k gvw tri axle) enclosed I could not make it do it if I tried. No change in the truck. Truck had traction bars the whole time. Other then trying to brace the trailer gooseneck there is not much of a fix. Traction bars may help the giant circle jerk that it is. Being smooth on the throttle or just letting off when it starts is the best case.

I thought the same the other day. Trailer is pretty sturdy though. Hardly any flex when I jump on the sides.

Bars should be here in the next day r two so I'll see if that fixes it.

Cknox121

Reaction score

Well, I say that... Towing the trailer down the interstate/road, after I get to speed I can hit bumps' ruts, etc and it doesn't shake, only shakes when throttle is mashed.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Can you post a link to the OUOs you ordered? I'd like to do some reading on these and see what they're all about...

Thanks...

Just google OUO traction bars. They have a site online.

I always heard good things about them so I said what the hell. Ordered from Rudys fwiw

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Just google OUO traction bars. They have a site online.

I always heard good things about them so I said what the hell. Ordered from Rudys fwiw

Had the same issue towing real heavy 5 years ago before my lift. Haven't towed since I put the OUO's on but noticed a difference even empty. Especially on washboard dirt roads, backend stays planted. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
036.jpg

Happened with this load. Only went about 100ml.If I remember the Bobcat is a T190.
024-1.jpg

And this one..
004.jpg

And this..
038.jpg

Especially this one.
002.jpg

Went from NW Kansas to Nashville on the spartan 210tow and had to get on it or take off really light for it not to shake the truck apart. It was horrible. Grossed 39k and change.

Last edited:

Cknox121

Reaction score
Same issue. Im hoping the traction bars are the fix. If not maybe some bags. I already have onboard air via my train horns

Cknox121

Reaction score
Any updates with the traction bars?

I forgot about this thread...but I purchased a set of OUO weld on short gussets and they solved the problem. Amazing how much of a difference they make.

Latest posts

Members online