This normal for a 6.0 with bad injectors?

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
This just started today, it started smoking like an effing freight train. Original injectors, EGR, studs and everything (03 f250 by the way). Already ordered EGR delete, arp's, new head gaskets and warren injectors. But it just started doing this today it would not, not, roll some smoke and all I have is a sct Live wire ts with factory pre installed tunes. Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXnDGmIJCwM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

STROKER

Reaction score
Pull the codes, see if it through any contribution codes. Does the smoke smell sweet or burn your eyes? Is it losing coolant?

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Says the video is private but what you're describing sounds like bad injectors to me.

think I changed the settings to public now

Pull the codes, see if it through any contribution codes. Does the smoke smell sweet or burn your eyes? Is it losing coolant?

And idk I know my head gaskets are probably already blown coolant has run out the lid of the degas bottle so I'm banking the EGR is leaking also which is when I get my head gaskets and injectors in ima fix it all at once

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
And if you can see the video I'm only about half throttle too, she didn't want to shift lol

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
A lot of money to spend on it if ya Dont really know what's happening? Computer on asap and let these guys and I decifier what the issue is. Tone of black smoke like that would tell me your just burning a lot of fuel. Get a computer on it and then make the video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Didn't watch the video but if its black smoke and doesn't want to shift and is lazy I would look more towards an intake air system problem. Air filter, turbo sticking, egr stuck open, etc. as someone else said - scan it before you chuck parts at it.

Mar00n6liter

Reaction score
Didn't watch the video but if its black smoke and doesn't want to shift and is lazy I would look more towards an intake air system problem. Air filter, turbo sticking, egr stuck open, etc. as someone else said - scan it before you chuck parts at it.

You were right about the air system problem I took the air filter out it was fine but I noticed the pipe that comes off the intake elbow, at the bottom had come out of the boot I guess the clamp was a little loose, but I already bought all the above said parts before this even happened

STROKER

Reaction score
If it pops off again spray some hairspray on the intercooler pipe and tighten it down.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This is a bad injector.... well coil at least lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369530187463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369530187463.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 62

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What's the symptom of a bad coil?

Low circuit code...rough running through the power band...longer than normal warm start

Over fueling in some cases...under fueling in others..depends which coil goes bad...

Also can give a contribution code

swinky

Reaction score
Low circuit code...rough running through the power band...longer than normal warm start

Over fueling in some cases...under fueling in others..depends which coil goes bad...

Thanks man. I had all of those symptoms and found a bad coil in #1. Sounds like it will fix everything. Sorry for the derail.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks man. I had all of those symptoms and found a bad coil in #1. Sounds like it will fix everything. Sorry for the derail.

We were hoping the same...

Go check out my brothers thread...ncdzl.

Its titled 05 white smoke then death...or something to that effect.

C4 6.0

Reaction score

Ok pretty well hit my issue on the head here. I have cylinder 6 contribution code and injector 6 circuit high I think it was. Trucks extremely doggy throughout rpm range. When I first start it she does not like to idle hardly. Misses badly. Once warm though it idles but no change in miss or power. Icp pressure is good and ficm voltage is good. Would one injector cause my problem? Sorry to hijack anything just similar symptoms here.

Latest posts

Members online