thoughts on hpops

diesel slacker

Reaction score
I Have a customer who wants to replace his 15* hpop, with an adrenaline / srp.... I am installing full force stage 2s. The truck has 288,000. Its a DD/ tow pig. I told him a good 17* pump would be more than enough. Am I wrong for trying to save him money. :shrug:

golfer

Reaction score
the best thing to do is DATA LOG what the 15deg pump does after the inj install...

http://www.swampsdiesel.com/site/how_to_pdf/pdf/hpop.pdf

a 17deg pump only flows 6% more than a 15deg pump...so if his 15 is weak...you could try a 17 and retest it...it may improve..it may be worse.

and we have seen plenty of modded stock pumps (sold as performance HPOPs) hold no better pressure than a good factory pump...

there's farrrrr more variance between ANY TWO particular pumps than the difference b/w a 15 & 17 deg pump...

We're dynoing an engine today with multiple (new) 'modded' stock pumps with some of our small single shots...to see how consistent this batch of pumps is...

bad12jr

Reaction score
T500 would be a good choice will put out more then enough oil for the tuned ad's. Iirc they use about the same oil.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

golfer

Reaction score
T500 would be a good choice will put out more then enough oil for the tuned ad's. Iirc they use about the same oil.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

so what is the actual % increase in volume from a T500?

Tom S

Reaction score
the best thing to do is DATA LOG what the 15deg pump does after the inj install...

http://www.swampsdiesel.com/site/how_to_pdf/pdf/hpop.pdf

a 17deg pump only flows 6% more than a 15deg pump...so if his 15 is weak...you could try a 17 and retest it...it may improve..it may be worse.

and we have seen plenty of modded stock pumps (sold as performance HPOPs) hold no better pressure than a good factory pump...

there's farrrrr more variance between ANY TWO particular pumps than the difference b/w a 15 & 17 deg pump...

We're dynoing an engine today with multiple (new) 'modded' stock pumps with some of our small single shots...to see how consistent this batch of pumps is...

Sounds like some fun data to gather.

diesel slacker

Reaction score
His pump is weak, sorry about that important info not being in the OP. He goes thru trucks like nobodys business, so i will swap it a few times. Really dude loves diesel so Im wondering about reliabilty and a future upgrades he will surely do. Suggestions and advice would be nice.

Here is the setup
E99 eclb 4wd

New built trans ( cant remember where at this second)

Edge CS with canned tunes (Does have the sensors hooked up)

288,000 miles ( one injector down and some leaking)

HPOP weaker than water

Motor is in good shape

I want this and some other projects Im working on to help bring business. My new employer, who is awesome, hired me to do his diesel work. I want these trucks to run great.

diesel slacker

Reaction score
I installed the stage 2s yesterday and the truck is a whole different animal. I still need tunes but compared to what it was I am impressed. Also I want to give a big thanks to Matt at Full Force, he always has time to discuss any questions I have.

Im going to call PHP for tunes because the owner of the truck has an edge CS installed, and bill tunes it.

The single shots helped out the hpop issue some it doesnt throw codes but my DC% and psi numbers are still off. I am putting in a t500 and fuel upgrades next week.

If i can find a good deal on a 38r he may buy it and ill install it at the same time. I want to stay loyal to sponsors or our members so pm me if you have deals on RR, obs efuel, turbo, or other parts let me know. Off to work now

mattman347

Reaction score
Glad to hear it is running good! Once you get the tunes it will wake the truck up! And also, if you are needing a turbo and RR, I have that stuff in stock!!

diesel slacker

Reaction score
Sure thing matt. My boss and i are gonna try to come see yalls shop soon. The guy i installed my first set of injectors from you, has already sent a buddy with a blown 6.0 and im gonna do it up new motor, studs, injectors, egr delete, bmw or a durastroke(mtw) if i can get one. Thanks to your shipping and great deals.

When is the next diesel show in the tn/ga/ky/al area guys. I want to meet some of yall guys from the forums

Latest posts

Members online