Thoughts on mix n match, combining different trim parts and accessories?

Enoch

Reaction score
Just curious on thoughts and opinions on mixing and matching different trim parts and accessories.

For example I have an 00' F250 Lariat, with an 05'-07' front end but Harley Grille, and now picked up some 06' King Ranch seats.
It's like it's a hodge podge of different trim accessories on a Lariat specific truck.

Can't stand the Harley grille and want to go 05'-07' Lariat/XLT grille, which would be sticking to the original Lariat trim.

As far as the seats, the more I think about it, I think I'm going to look for newer Lariat seats.
If I install the KR seats and keep the ugly Harley grille, it's like "hey it's an 05'-07' Harley F250, no wait but it has King Ranch Seats, cool a hodge podge F250."
Kind of reminds me of Tahoes with Escalade grilles or VW's with Audi trim. lol

So what's your thoughts and opinion on mixing trim parts and accessories, I'm talking trim parts not upgrading to newer parts that match original trim package.

I'm just curious as to others thoughts and opinions. Do you think it's more "clean" to stick with original trim parts when upgrading or looking for parts or it doesn't matter mix and match?

Thanks

Edit: I'm just using my truck as an example. really just looking for thoughts and opinions when doing their truck or just in general.
But I'll take thought and opinions on mine as well. lol

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the king ranch seats. I would go with a set of black leather seats. I think black seats would be clean on your truck, the king ranch would look out of place.

But with that being said, if you like them, then who cares what we think. Do what you want!

jdc753

Reaction score
It would seem out of place to check out what appears to be a harley truck, all black with the open grill, and then find tan or king ranch interior inside of it.

Personally I hate tan interiors and consider that all the king ranch to be, just not my cup-o-tea but I know many who love tan. I would do a black interior or maybe gray

I think the harley grills look nice compared to the big bar XLT/lariat grill, but nowadays seems every truck out there has a PTM harley or similar grill on it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
everything all black, with just kind ranch bucket seats, I toyed around with the idea in my 6.4, I was going to just remove the black seats and put king ranch in.

its all about adding the right touches that brings it together, not over doing one thing. I think with the right combo, king ranch and Harley would look good!

Rob D

Reaction score
IMO the Harley grille is by far the nicest style available - and not just because I just bought a Harley truck lol. If I had money to blow I would for sure consider putting the tan leather in my truck. I think tan on the dark blue would be classy as chit. Ask Mark we joked around about buying his interior ;) It's all about what these guys are saying - how clean the install comes out in the end. If it looks like its a hodge podge its probably because it was mickey moused together, but if you take your time and match things up right I can respect mix and match.

Last edited:

Enoch

Reaction score
Thanks, I was really looking on others thoughts and opinions in general on mix and matching "trim pckg" parts and accessories.
Wasn't really a thread on what I should do to my truck, I was just using it for an example.

But I appreciate it, and actually I threw one of the KR seats in the truck and IMO it actually looks pretty good.
But I take one of my dogs with me a lot and KR seats I don't think would hold up well with a big dog jumping around on them. lol

Enoch

Reaction score
See I used to think the Harley grille looked good, but now I think it is ugly and really would like to find an 05'-07' Lariat/XLT grille.
That with the KR seats may be ok, but I'm kind of weird so if I went that route, the KR patch that is stitched into the seats would have to be replaced with something else.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I like the style of the HD grill over the others. If you don't like the chrome bars paint them in a flat black. Not done loud color but enough to break it up but with some contrast to identify it from others and being unique. Like others said... A all black interior with kr seats looks awesome. But I would have to choose the 08-10 seats over the older ones.

If done correctly and attention to detail it can look good. Hell my old truck was a kr with a fx4 grill and a cabelas or HD looking 2 tone on the bottom. It got attention, made people wonder what it really was but always got a good response from it.

jdc753

Reaction score
I have no issue with mixing and matching trim package specific items as long as everything else flows good. 90% of people looking at a truck won't be able to pick up on trim specific items other than the harley seats vs king ranch seats.

Not as much of an obvious example but I have a chrome package grill on my truck, but no mirror covers or chrome tow hooks. Swapped my lariat grill with my fathers truck since we each liked the other's grill.

Like Mark said a hybrid black/king ranch interior would be pretty sweet, it's even now offered on the brand new trucks, black plastic/carpet and the king ranch seats.

07powerstroke91

Reaction score
I think the all-black exterior with king ranch seats would look good. Maybe get rid of the Harley grille for a regular lariat one if it's really bothering you.

Enoch

Reaction score
KR seats I have, but to change the whole interior from tan to black, that would be IMO a nightmare. lol Not saying I wouldn't like it but would cost way too much.
I'll try and get a pic up, the tan interior with KR seats actually looks pretty good, and goes with the burlwood trim on the door panels and steering wheel.

And yeah the Harley grille is really, really bothering me. lol

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better. I have blue seat belts in my grey interior obs lol. Can't get the damn things out of the donor or mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
Mixing and matching the parts doesn't bother me. I've considered putting the king ranch seats into my black interior as well. Not many other people will notice the difference unless you've got a harley console and king ranch stitched onto the seat back.

Latest posts

Members online