Thoughts on these headers?

Extended Power

Reaction score
You gotta ask yourself if your at that point where spending $1500.00 for 39hp/100ftlbs is worth it or not.
If you are, go for it.
If not, I think you could spend $1500.00 in different areas that would make more sense, or power, or both.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I wish someone had some real world input on those, on a built 6.4 to be exact, but anything running a lot of fuel and compounds would do.

They look like nice built units.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Didn't even bother clicking the link honestly. Saw it was MKM/Sinister and decided I have no use for anything in that link. I wouldn't put free products from them on my truck.

strokin6L

Reaction score
you'll have better results with log style manifolds like the BD, RCD and MPD manifolds than those things. I also would never put that crap on my truck even if it was free. But then again....you couldn't even pay me to put Sinister chit on my truck.

bretferd

Reaction score
What's the reasoning behind not supporting sinister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest thing why people don't like sinister is because they copied driven diesels regulated return and then sells it cheaper. I know they have copied other things too.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Ahh I didn't know that. I have used there products on my truck and thought the quality was good is why I ask.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Some #s from the RCD setup or BDs manifolds would be great too.

If someone wants to do the work to take them on and off, I'll buy a set of either or both, and ship them to someone who can easily get their truck to a dyno or track for testing.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sinister/MKM doesn't seem to have an original thought in their company. Merely copy the hard work of other shops, paint it blue, advertise in DPM and sell the masses. I just don't like the way they conduct business.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Some #s from the RCD setup or BDs manifolds would be great too.

If someone wants to do the work to take them on and off, I'll buy a set of either or both, and ship them to someone who can easily get their truck to a dyno or track for testing.

Tadd did a ton of testing on our 6.0 stainless manifolds for Dillehays truck. Said the numbers were impressive

People dont support sinister because of dirty business tactics. They screwed Dennis on the company name, not many people remember the Strictly Diesel used to be Sinister Diesel.

Also there was a lot of similarity's with a certain egr delete.. and their kits were shipped with someone elses instructions.. Ill let you figure that out.

They also used a representation of my truck to advertise their business, when I would spend a dollar of anyone else's money on their junk

They bring nothing ot the table expect copycat policy and marketing tactics.

And they are stupid enough to think a ball bearing VGT would work. Morons

Rant over

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
There have also been issue's with solid flanges on these manifolds wanting to warp.

There is a solution to it. But I'd rather not give Sinister anymore pointers than they have already taken

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Tadd did a ton of testing on our 6.0 stainless manifolds for Dillehays truck. Said the numbers were impressive

This also was not done back to back with other manifolds or stock just to clear it up.

It was done with multiple other changes as well

I would be interested in a back to back, other things held constant test

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
This also was not done back to back with other manifolds or stock just to clear it up.

It was done with multiple other changes as well

I would be interested in a back to back, other things held constant test

How is comparing flow characteristics on a superflow test bench against multiple other manifolds inconsistent?

No one said anything about back to back comparison. The word was testing, and flow testing was done

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.