Ticking sound?

Jlyl248

Reaction score
I have noticed before at idle a tick, like a exhaust tick after someone cuts their vehicle off. And tonight while leaving the driveway I could hear it more predominantly, it sounds like its on the drivers side. Any ideas?
Also I had another thread stating this but ive been having other problems with the truck and throwing codes p2263 and p2563, any relation? THANKS!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You very well could have split uppipe or egr pipe and yes they could bee related

bellyboat

Reaction score
I ask because the 6.4 makes a ticking sound after the oil has been changed. There is a TSB out there describing it.

78f100

Reaction score
mine had a tick from the time I got it until I did my build, Mine was the rocker arms. Several tips were wore down to the arm. How many miles? If it is the rockers you can buy the whole assembly for 209$ for each side, it's not too bad to change cab on.

BFT

Reaction score
I had a tick when my truck was newer. It wasn't the rocker arms... Can't say what it was but it went away after a while.

78f100

Reaction score
I had a tick when my truck was newer. It wasn't the rocker arms... Can't say what it was but it went away after a while.

maybe your's finally wore grooves in the bridges and quit...lol j/k.
I could really hear mine when I would rev it quick while it was backing down or when driving by a wall at idle. I thought it was normal because it did it since I got it, not now though.

78f100

Reaction score
This is the only pic I have of it on this pc, she is dirty. Dont make fun of the razor wheels and the calvin peeing on a bowtie stickers, they were cool when I was in school...lol. I am gonna restore her again oneday, she has held up good so far I painted it in highschool94 or 95. She a beast 9.20s in the 1/8...lol.

1334072784744.jpg

sorry for the derail, he asked, its his fault!

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Ha its fine. Yeah I dont think its the rocker arms, I youtubed a video of a 6.4 with bad rockers and def wasn't that noise. I should've stated it pinging instead of ticking

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Ha its fine. Yeah I dont think its the rocker arms, I youtubed a video of a 6.4 with bad rockers and def wasn't that noise. I should've stated it pinging instead of ticking
Motor actually sounds very good. Can hear a slight tick when I'm under the truck up front by the hot side pipe, but after looking around under there I'm leaning towards egr on that. Can also hear it when you smack the throttle quick under load, but that sounds more like the tune than the motor. What worries me the most is the shutter when the converter is locked and you roll up in the throttle hard. Makes the whole truck jerk.:eek: Really hoping the converter isn't failing....

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah I thought with the 275 tune cutting the egr off it'd be somewhat problem free. Yeah I was monitoring my tc slip after my post on spartans forum and some help from 08stroker. Is that why it somewhat jerks putting it into gear? Thanks again for taking her in! So up pipes are out of question?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Yeah I thought with the 275 tune cutting the egr off it'd be somewhat problem free. Yeah I was monitoring my tc slip after my post on spartans forum and some help from 08stroker. Is that why it somewhat jerks putting it into gear? Thanks again for taking her in! So up pipes are out of question?
Haven't totally ruled them out yet, but so far it looks like the up-pipes are still in good shape. She does seem a little jerkier than most, but that could be line pressures also. There is no hesitation from park to drive to reverse which is a good thing. Just feels like the converter might be getting week. Gonna do some more data logging, and investigation this afternoon so we can get this girl reigned in.:thumbup:

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Alright thanks bud. I guess we can talk about it once you've figured it all out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.