Tinting windshield questions.

PDT1081

Reaction score
^^ That's interesting stuff. I'm looking more to block the sun and darken up the interior a bit. The heat is not a big problem up here, but blocking out UV rays is always a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3M Crystalline in 90% on my entire windshield. With the 30% Ceramic on the rest of the windows, the truck doesn't blast me with heat after sitting in the sun for 10-12 hours. Left a full water bottle in the truck the other day (took full sun through the windshield all afternoon) and it was only slightly warm. Not extremely hot like I've had happen in the past.

TheKingRanch

Reaction score
60928185f7a07693c2633dcd21305da1.jpg

Did the whole windshield with 20%, Texas heat sucks.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
My entire windshield is 35 with a 15" 5% eye brow
297b553455155dd7bc8cd5290f97ed34.jpg

729b62fe3a589a0655c183bc3d5426ce.jpg

I can see fine at night, next will be 20% windshield

*KCCO*

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I can not believe you guys are not getting stopped with your windshields that dark.

I am thinking about going 50% and worried that I will be pulled over in short time.

I have been running 20% on my front windows for awhile now with no issues, but I also always have my windows rolled down if I am ever stopped.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ya I was originally going with the clear film, or 90% tint I believe it was, but now this has me thinking. Anything I can do to keep people from seeing what is in my truck and keeping the heat out is a bonus.

BK39

Reaction score
Ya I'm surprised too. I don't think I would get away with it around here, too many motorcycle cops in my area.

I have a buddy that owns a film company, he says "huper optik" is the chit. If I do my windshield, it'd have to be that in a clear.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Ya I'm surprised too. I don't think I would get away with it around here, too many motorcycle cops in my area.

I have a buddy that owns a film company, he says "huper optik" is the chit. If I do my windshield, it'd have to be that in a clear.

I think you'd be surprised. I know a few people around me with theirs tinted, and if they get pulled over, no one ever says anything about the windshield. I kinda think it's something police officers just aren't used to looking for. I've even had one friend get a ticket for side windows being tinted, and not one for the windshield.

That all being said, I don't wanna risk the hassle either. I have my side windows at 5%, and I've been lucky for a while. I don't really wanna push it.

MorganM

Reaction score
How do you Texas guys deal with the stickers on the windshield?

I'm down to one sticker and I guess if I stay away from darker tint, he could just leave a portion of the windshield uncovered.

PDT1081

Reaction score
How do you Texas guys deal with the stickers on the windshield?

I'm down to one sticker and I guess if I stay away from darker tint, he could just leave a portion of the windshield uncovered.

When I had mine done, I had them leave the KTP sticker. They just trimmed around it. Extremely hard to tell with 90%. The darker tint will definitely stand out.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
3% all around including entire windshield with a 3% strip on top. Perfect during the day, a little dark at night. I have good eyesight and leds so I can manage. I do not drive at night on normal roads with my lightbar on and a big *** you to those that do. Rain makes it pretty tough. If I wanted to do it over for the fifth time I'd do 10% on the windshield. 20% is a little too light during the day, 3% is a little too dark during the night. I've gotten stopped a few times along with everyone else I know with similar tint. If you're worried about cops, 15% on the sides and 50% on the windshield should be moderately safe. I was never stopped with that setup. To answer the OP, as long as it's not below the As1 line you can go as dark as you want. I'd recommend going a few inches below the line, and doing two layers of 5% or whatever their limo meters at.

smcox1

Reaction score
You have 3% on the windshield? You must have night vision eyesight LOL

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
when you run windshield tint ever since you started driving, its hard to drive without it. 5 dark all around with a 20 windshield.
8bd9b411b95e22b9dfa24f66de1ecc5d_zpsickyav6f.jpg

taterthedog

Reaction score
Decided on a 5% strip. Got my tint guy to order it. Should be plenty for up here.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Order 5%
That's intersting, should be a stocking percent; unless you mean the pre cut for your application type.

But either way good choice!

taterthedog

Reaction score
Order 5%
That's intersting, should be a stocking percent; unless you mean the pre cut for your application type.

But either way good choice!

It's precut for my windshield. No tint places up here. My buddy does a lot of tinting on the side, and did all my stuff. He gets all his tint precut from some place on eBay.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
That's what's up, most of my tint experience is in FL where they come to you and charge like 100 for entire car. Now in NY I paid 300 and will be trying it my self next time for that price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.