to lift or not?

jrendon

Reaction score
I have a 2019 F350 Dually. We tow a 14k fifth wheel. I would like to lift the truck and get bigger wheels and tires. However, everything i have read says dont do it. keep the stock wheels and tires. I know very little to nothing about trucks and tires and wheels so pls forgive. Can i get nicer rims and tires that are the same size as the "stock" wheels and tires and say i am doing the same thing as stock equipment? or......

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sure can. But with aftermarket wheels it requires dismounting for rotations for duallys.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes you can tow with a lift and bigger tires. Folks do it all the time. Is it ideal? Absolutely not. Generally a lower rig with smaller tires tows better and gets better fuel mpg.

Yes, you can get nicer rims and tires that match the OEM equipment. Make sure the new tires have the proper load and speed rating needed for your load and speed.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I was running a 2" lift with 37s, was way too tall for my 5r. I took the rear blocks out so it's stock in the back now, but it's still too tall. I'll probably move back to 35s after these tires.

Latest posts

Members online