Top 5 issues

juniort444e

Reaction score
Same thing I did to my stock tranny and it is sitting at 311K now. Sonnax valve and tricumalator springs from David and a HD TC from O'Reilly's.

Pretty sure Andy's is stock.

Unless i read his post wrong. It looks like he has a few things in a stock transmission. Im just curious if those are worth it with my setups potential or. Save and get the bts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
You're asking if doin those mods is work it on a stock trans right? It's lasted for him.

He has a dually, hybrids, and an H2E and reportedly beats on it, so depending on how radical you're goin, and what kinda shape your trans is in to start with, it's probably not a bad choice.

My own bone stock trans lasted 187k and was still holding on when I swapped it.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I have a new/fresh jasper. Im running 250/200's with all supporting mods and a gt 4202. The trans doesn't like the tuning which is changing very soon. I just want some added insurance until i can afford a bts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Don't know what TC's are goin for alone, every TC I've bought was around 5k and came with a free transmission. But last I knew the BTS VB was around 200, and the sonnax VB spring kit was much cheaper than that.

So if you're in a fresh rebuild I'd definately look at doing those two things.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Email them, he'll probably want the VB and TC back to check them out before he builds yours though.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would definitely do a sonnax/tricumulator kit, and leave the TC as the weak link.

ChinatownChile

Reaction score
With my truck it has been.... hpop o rings, ipr valve, cps, new tran and converter, number 8 injector so I replaced all of them with single shots, and then my sweet icing on the cake was I had a bad head, so I replaced both. My truck has less then 130,000

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Cps went on me. Then water pump. Then fuel bowl o rings. But wheel bearings take the cake. My truck eats them for breakfast

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Cps went on me. Then water pump. Then fuel bowl o rings. But wheel bearings take the cake. My truck eats them for breakfast

Check your ball joints. And run tires that balance out nice and easy.

When I ran 35" mudders I killed lots of bearings.

ChinatownChile

Reaction score
On my first f250 I had 39.5's and those tires destroyed my front end. I was told if you go bigger than 35's to invest in good shocks

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Check your ball joints. And run tires that balance out nice and easy.

When I ran 35" mudders I killed lots of bearings.

Ball Joints are brand new XRF'S done in august, tires are brand new 285 firestone destination's. Truck is aligned every few months, yet since ive put the ball joints in in August, ive gone through im pretty sure three wheel bearing assemblys in the front end. And yes i do have new knuckle seals in also.

IMO Front end design on these is simple, But BLOWS. Especially when you plow it.

Latest posts

Members online