Torque Android app?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Isn't there a app like that for ipods and I phones? I have a I touch that I refuse to use for music that would be a perfect candidate

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
I'd make sure it supports Fords extended PID's, so you'll probably only view generic obd2 data. Kind of boring and useless, if so.

There's an Android app in process for the iTSX. It's a monitor, read/clear codes, as well as a programmer. It works with the iPhone/iPad/iTouch now.

The Superchips Vivid supports Android now, but doesn't support iPhone.

Even if you don't use the tuning, the other functionality may be better on a Ford specific device than a generic version.

Reaction score
i picked the ELM327 dongle, and downloaded the free version of torque(paid version after payday) even the free version had an option of using specific PIDS, but suggested not using it unless you knew what you were doing

KPSquared

Reaction score
Didn't think it worked on Ford's stuff, but I haven't played with it much. As for my other OBDII vehicles. . . it's freakin awesome!

I do wish someone would make an iPhone/Android app that would data log etc. AE needs to get their crap together. Who the hell has a Palm anymore? The 2000's are over. . . time to wake up and smell technology. It would be so awesome to do all that AE has to offer through my Android.

bad12jr

Reaction score
It will work and read. The elm327 is junk. Slow data stream makes it glitch. Will read most 6.0 sensors and they are pre loaded into the software. Cool useful app and will read Cel.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Oh yea and the data logging I haven't played with much due to the junk dongle but the capability is there.

bad12jr

Reaction score
It will read icp and dc. From what I found the dongles that the creator recommends on his site is supposed to work great on the fords bus systems. Atleast what I've seen. The cheap one just can't keep up with the truck.

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters

I've read good reviews on the kiwi. We use the J1850 which as you can see on the link causes an issue in the elm327.

Last edited:

indiana lineman

Reaction score
I looked into this some and it seemed that for the good quality cord and the fee to download the app. was a little to much for me. When it got to the point that a little more money would get you a monitor anyway. Then again you're tieing up your phone to read the truck OBD. (As if big brother is gonna let you use it while driving anyway.)

Reaction score
let me see now download fee 3-4 bucks,elm dongle(not great but ok) 25 bucks, so total under 30.00 doesn't seem like a bad place to start. tying up my phone???? i can still make and receive calls at the same time, my phone is locked down in a docking station, so its almost like a monitor. ultimately i want to get AE but for quick checks this works ok

Hawker

Reaction score
after adding it all up and getting the most bang for your buck, it almost sounds like a cts is a better option. If you end up going with a good dongle, thats $100. if you end up finding a decent 7" tablet, or an ipod touch thats another $200-$300. to me, it's not worth tieing up my phone, i seem to be on it almost all day. the cts seems a cleaner setup.

if you were diagnosing a couple different cars a day, i could see it come in handy.

KPSquared

Reaction score
If I'm on my phone in the truck, I'm on bluetooth anyway so who cares if it's running torque at the same time? Or will it only pair with one device at a time?

Reaction score
i know my phone will only pair with one device at a time. #1 i don't need to run torque 24/7, #2 my dock station automatically turns on speaker phone. as far as buying a tablet.... if you already have the tablet for other use all you are spending is whatever the dongle runs you. if I am on my phone that much(bluetooth or not) I can only assume I need to get off the D**** phone and drive. sorry you ain't rerally that important that most of those phone calls can't wait a couple minutes.

indiana lineman

Reaction score
To each his own. I don't have a dock in my truck to set my phone in (could be handy, but I'm fine without it). I wouldn't want to go with any marginal equipment when it comes to my truck (or the 6.0 for that matter). If that's the route a person wants to go with, best of luck to ya.

Latest posts

Members online