Torque spec for 6.0 head studs A1 1722

2015sixohno

Reaction score
I have the paperwork from A1 1722 studs. Their info says the torque procedure being 70lbs 3 different times to seat threads. I'm fine with all this. I'm looking at total torque value. A1 says end value of 160 lbs. Most of their competitors ( now I realize different materials used making the product will result in different torque specs due to stud stretch ) are 210 lbs. I'm looking for others input and experience on this particular product and if anyone has contacted A1 because I can't get ahold of them myself. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
Well if you did 70lbs three times that would be 210, so I'm not sure where the 160 comes in. Who did you buy them thru?

2015sixohno

Reaction score
Let me clarify. What you're doing is torquing cylinder heads in sequence to 70 foot pounds. Loosen heads back up. Repeat steps three times to seat in threads and seat in head gaskets. At that point final torque to 160 foot pounds and torquing is complete.

Last edited:

2015sixohno

Reaction score
b2dda3e8c8b9f7bb8c123dd39ee16fee.jpg

2015sixohno

Reaction score
In building race engines it's very common to torque and loosen multiple times when using multi layer head gaskets. The method to me is fine but the end torque number is way different then other manufactures. Only thing I can think of is other manufactures products are made of different materials and they're studs are made to stretch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.