Track hooking suggestions

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I am wanting some advice on things I can do to my truck to make it hook better at the drag strip. I am trying to get my 60 foot time down. So far the best I have been able to do is a 1.7 sec. The truck is a 2003 f250 ccsb. It is leveled with 20x12 rims and nitto 420s tires. It also already has traction bars and rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. The performance mods on in my sig. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have thought about that but was seeing if there was other things I could do to the truck itself to make it hook harder. Some people have said I need to lower it hack to stock height to make the springs softer

swinky

Reaction score
I am no block rear and pulled the thickest leaf and overload spring and stock in the front. I cut a 1.64 on radials at a greasy track and a 1.66 on street tires at a well prepped track.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
The 20x12s are not helping you any and 420s don't hook as well as other tires (proxes, Yokohama)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I was always told 420s hooked better then other street tires but thanks for clearing that up

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to put a tire and wheel combo on that has more sidewall. There are tons of drag radial options in 16" wheels so a dedicated set of wheels and tires for the track would be a good start.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I am usually running around 25 psi in the rear and 20 psi in the front. I don't really want to buy a set of wheels to dedicate towards drag racing. I'd rather the truck have everything it needs already on it to race. https://vimeo.com/139239057
My truck is the one of the left. Bright red one

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
With the old setup I was leaving around 12 to 15 psi. This was when I ran a 7.508 on a small jet spinning off the line and it was a 1.70 60ft. I now have a bigger charger and I have not made many track passes with it but the few I have done I have left around 15psi. If I left harder then that I would spin

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have also heard that I could change the pinion angle to make it hook better. Has anyone else heard this

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Has anybody ever used this tire or heard about its traction abilities. Yokohama parada spec-x
41124ba42728b2f8b85de03f18415e60.jpg

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Yea I'm actually taking my truck to stock height so the springs will be softer and taking the overload spring out of the back. I might have to strap the front end down

Latest posts

Members online