Trailer lighting question

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Well guys I just wired up a 4 pin connector on the truck to haul my flatbed home and I have running lights but no brake or turn lights. I looked up the diagram on Mitchell and it said that it has a left and right turn trailer tow relay. Can anybody shed some light on what ones these would be in the engine compartment or what other problems could be? Fwiw the trailer has brand new wiring as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I know our trucks have individual fuses, but don't know about relays. The fuses should be under the steering column behind the removable dash panel. You need the owners manual or a repair manual to distinguish which fuse goes to what. If I remember right, there is a long row of fuses that run up and down, and they are near the bottom of the row. There is one for the right turn/brake, left turn/brake, and one for the running lights.

dasboot

Reaction score
there should be multiple relay's, the square box type, and fuse's for the tow lights and brake lights. check you manual

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I think they are actually under the hood, they are 7.5 amp mini fuses if I recall correctly.

Isaac3384

Reaction score
It depends on the year...99-07 should all be under the dash. 08 and up, may be under the hood.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Check for voltage at your 7 way/4 way at the rear of the truck. So long as the trailers wired right, and it is new wiring it's most likely simply a ground issue.

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
Like said above, on my 99 my fuse box was under the hood, on my 02 its under the dash panel under the steering wheel. But it seemed like those little 7.5 amp fuses are always blowing for the left and right turns.

Isaac3384

Reaction score
Let's just all agree that they will either be under the hood, or under the dash. Your owner's manual will tell you where to look. I do remember the fuse box under the hood now that I think about it; doesn't it hold just a few fuses? It's narrow and has <10 fuses? I vaguely remember seeing this, it's been 4+ years since I worked at the trailer shop, so cut me some slack...lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.