Tranmission help

cbrown

Reaction score
UPDATE: The noise came back a couple times last night, and then was doing it again today. The truck drives fine, but it continues to make the noise in park or neutral. Guess I'll be calling Tadd and Aaron tomorrow to see what we can figure out.

cbrown

Reaction score
Well I was able to look at it closer today. When the truck is shut off, watching through the hole in the bellhousing you can see the flexplate and converter stop spinning abd hear thr noise after that as if something spinning in the converter is settling to the bottom. any advice? Im ready to pull it back out and send the converter back, but want to make sure thats the next step. Id hate to pull it all and then hear to try one more thing.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I was able to look at it closer today. When the truck is shut off, watching through the hole in the bellhousing you can see the flexplate and converter stop spinning abd hear thr noise after that as if something spinning in the converter is settling to the bottom. any advice? Im ready to pull it back out and send the converter back, but want to make sure thats the next step. Id hate to pull it all and then hear to try one more thing.

the converter should never stop spinning because its attatched to the flexplate, which is right on the crank, that doesnt make any sense.

cbrown

Reaction score
the converter should never stop spinning because its attatched to the flexplate, which is right on the crank, that doesnt make any sense.

Im guessing you misread my post. As soon as the engine is shut off and the crank/ flexplate/ converter come to a halt.

cbrown

Reaction score
took it down to Rudy's last Thursday, they opened it up Friday and found no O/D snap ring. Parts should have come in from Elite today and it will be ready today/ tomorrow. Big thanks to Aaron for meeting me at the shop Thursday night and taking care of everything. And for letting us bull**** around the shop on Friday.

Latest posts

Members online