Tranny issues

C4 6.0

Reaction score
Ok I'm having issues with my transmission. It's the 5R110. First I was told that cut fan clutch wire was causing my issues. At the time prior to repairing wiring the truck would go into limp mode and clunk into fourth gear and stay there until you turned truck off several codes at that time a few fan related. Now it seems worse after fixing the fan. I've got two codes p0715 and p0791. Now when you take off after about a hundred yards the truck comes to an abrupt stop and will go nowhere kind of feels like someone's holding down the brakes if that makes any sense. It does this whether your in drive or manually put it in first or second or third it still does it. Any thoughts? Solenoid? Sensor? Filter? PCM? Tcm? I'm lost thanks a lot!!!!!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I would guess solenoid, sounds like it's engaging 2 sets of clutch packs at the same time

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

range91

Reaction score
those are speed sensor codes they dont fail often it is towards bell housing 3/4 of the way up. white and pink wire should have 12v also look at wire harness. Do you have a scan tool to watch data?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I would guess solenoid, sounds like it's engaging 2 sets of clutch packs at the same time

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
Bad guess. Why would you think it's a solenoid when there are codes for the turbine speed sensor and the intermediate speed sensor?

With two speed sensor codes I suspect a problem with the wiring harness to the transmission. You probably have some damaged wires to the trans.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.