Trans acts weird when cold

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just read part of a 15 page thread on powerstroke.org about 3-5 shift flare. That is exactly what my truck is doing. Kovalsky was mentioned there and maybe even replied. I havent read the entire thing yet. The slipping/flaring only happens on the 3-5 shift. Can I get any serious input or help now, or do I still have to listen to this injector BS and being treated like a total newb?

So now that you read a PDF you found online youre an expert? Come on be serious here, Mark designed the freakin thing. And maybe its just me but I didnt see anywhere until just now that youre only getting a flare and bad shifting on ONE shift the direct shift. Try a new solenoid. Still have yet to hear you check for codes too.

To me youre about as clear as a stained glass window with your explanation.

:shrug:

Zmann

Reaction score

I had to re read sorry I thought you were referring to shift strategy as the flare

agreed with Pizza unless mark suggest otherwise
I would try a solenoid it a DIY job I have some picture /pdf info if you don't have it already

JGman141

Reaction score
Just FYI I put in the gogo solenoid when mine started to flare and it's just a band aid. I've driven my truck like a grandma since I put it in and I only got 6 months out if it. If it flaring on you bad then start saving for a rebuild.

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
So now that you read a PDF you found online youre an expert? Come on be serious here, Mark designed the freakin thing. And maybe its just me but I didnt see anywhere until just now that youre only getting a flare and bad shifting on ONE shift the direct shift. Try a new solenoid. Still have yet to hear you check for codes too.

To me youre about as clear as a stained glass window with your explanation.

:shrug:

Wasnt a PDF. Was a thread you replied to many times. Never said I was an expert. Thats why I'm here. Do think I remember specifically saying I am not a transmission expert.

No codes.

Yeah, didnt specify which shift was causing problems.Wasnt sure myself till this morning.

Still dont understand why Im getting treated so rough. Can we start over? If not, I will just go back to being a lurker. Kind of depressing.

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
Just FYI I put in the gogo solenoid when mine started to flare and it's just a band aid. I've driven my truck like a grandma since I put it in and I only got 6 months out if it. If it flaring on you bad then start saving for a rebuild.

Thats what I'm afraid of. I ordered the updated one from Ford. Gonna see how it goes. I pulled the pan last night and it was pretty clean, so maybe it will run awhile. Been wanting to upgrade it anyway but didnt want to right now.

Zmann

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Ford updated that solenoid ?

Ok We as a collective are sometimes Harsh,, sorry bout that

I say lets Go from here

sootie

Reaction score
I had to re read sorry I thought you were referring to shift strategy as the flare

agreed with Pizza unless mark suggest otherwise
I would try a solenoid it a DIY job I have some picture /pdf info if you don't have it already

Could you please me me the directions on how to do the solenoid switch? i need to do mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.