Trans is smoked

swinky

Reaction score
Alright guys the direct clutch is trashed I'm pretty sure. No reverse or 5th gear. So she needs a new trans. Right now I'm leaning towards the ford reman with a 3yr warranty. We get a good price at ford and can pick it up for around 2700. Also put a dd solenoid in it. Anybody have experience with the ford remans?

1fastTRX

Reaction score
I think warren tranny is 2800 plus shipping. It may be a slight improvement over a stock build. I haven't asked him about differences but they rate it to hold 550hp. Comes with TC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
I'll give him a call. I'm home on leave right now and need one in it by the end of next week.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
we can rebuild a transmission for you as well, where are you located?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Well not to be a downer but I did the same thing your talking about. New reman dd solenoid and IV been having troubles since about 5,000 miles on it. And good luck on a warranty. Any programmer,lift over 4"or tires over 35" and it's done. I might have it worse. My ol mans the parts manager for ford and I'm not going to lie and pull stuff off to get it done. And even if I did they can always tell if you where programmed. Mine is getting rebuilt by a guy that does all the drag cars up here and he will warranty it with what I have and up to an estimated 750 hp.

swinky

Reaction score
Well not to be a downer but I did the same thing your talking about. New reman dd solenoid and IV been having troubles since about 5,000 miles on it. And good luck on a warranty. Any programmer,lift over 4"or tires over 35" and it's done. I might have it worse. My ol mans the parts manager for ford and I'm not going to lie and pull stuff off to get it done. And even if I did they can always tell if you where programmed. Mine is getting rebuilt by a guy that does all the drag cars up here and he will warranty it with what I have and up to an estimated 750 hp.

Did you put a new cooler in it? What kind of issues are you having?

swinky

Reaction score
My truck won't get anything bigger than a 33 12.50 20 also lower than stock height. Hopefully lasts long enough for me to save for a warren trans.

swinky

Reaction score
we can rebuild a transmission for you as well, where are you located?

Sorry bout not getting back to you. Ford reman was the only way to go. I had some other stuff come up and need it asap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

AKHILF

Reaction score
After the trans gets warm it decides not to use 1st or second. I even put in another dd solenoid because that's what the code is. So now over 300 in the dd solenoids. Still didn't fix the problem. So now I'm thinking it's either the harness inside the trans or outside. I don't know how to test it if it's wrong. All I know is if I see bare wires that's bad. And when I have the pan off and looked at the outside harness I didn't see any. If I would have went with the trans guy from the get go I would have just taken it back to him and told him to figure it out. If it's electrical it really wouldn't be his fault. But I have a feeling if I take it to him now he's going to say I need a rebuild also. So that would be covered at least. I might be over thinking it. I hate transmissions and head gaskets from now on.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Sorry bout not getting back to you. Ford reman was the only way to go. I had some other stuff come up and need it asap.

That's the way I was last time. I had to have my truck that week. I wish I would have borrowed a friends truck or used my f150

swinky

Reaction score
After the trans gets warm it decides not to use 1st or second. I even put in another dd solenoid because that's what the code is. So now over 300 in the dd solenoids. Still didn't fix the problem. So now I'm thinking it's either the harness inside the trans or outside. I don't know how to test it if it's wrong. All I know is if I see bare wires that's bad. And when I have the pan off and looked at the outside harness I didn't see any. If I would have went with the trans guy from the get go I would have just taken it back to him and told him to figure it out. If it's electrical it really wouldn't be his fault. But I have a feeling if I take it to him now he's going to say I need a rebuild also. So that would be covered at least. I might be over thinking it. I hate transmissions and head gaskets from now on.

Sounds like the trans itself Is alright. Did you put a new cooler in or flush it yourself?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Trans is fine.... It's an electrical problem. If I got this guy to build the trans in the first place I'd let him deal with it. Now I'm on my own to figure it out. Or take it to him pay the xxx amount to fix the electrical problem then him tell me I need a
Rebuild that cost 5 g's. If I had him rebuild it in the first place right now I'd be just paying the xxx amount for the electrical problem and if the trans was hurt it would be covered.

swinky

Reaction score
Have you tried unplugging the batts and letting it relearn. I know it's stupid but I've seen crazy chit.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Yeah. And on top of that I didn't drive it for a couple months and had crap running in it that killed the battery's. So the sat dead for at least a month.

Latest posts

Members online